“Annual visit to Bothy”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Read previous reports and disappointed with what some people had 'experienced' as I have to say we once again had a first class meal with extremely generous portions and everything cooked to our satisfaction.Our waitress was chatty and helpful and took time to chat with my children about their holiday which cannot be said for all other establishments in Skye.My only negative comments was that it was initially busy and we had to wait 10 minutes for a free table but in the height of the season that can only be expected and worth waiting for.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Cakes, very poor and just lacking something but very clean and the waitresses were very pleasant. Has the potential to be great. We didn't eat a meal hence not commenting on that but I did see what others were eating and it looked very good.

hectorsbothy, Owner at Hectors Bothy, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on the bothy. I am extremely sorry our cake display was not up to our usual standards . Our cake display normally gets restocked with fresh cakes regularly throughout the day. Unfortunately on this occasion due to their popularity restocking was not done as quickly as required. Please accept out apologies on this occasion and we hope to see you soon for some fresh homebaked goodies.

Best wishes
mhairi macinnes
Owner

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Visited with the family on a sunny Sunday. Nice menu and we all found something we liked to order. Good sized portions for all as well.

Disappointing to see that the chips were from a bag, not freshly cut. I had assumed because the Cafe has or is a spin off from the Chip Shop across the road, the Chips would be proper "chippie" chips.

Staff were friendly and attentive but the liberal use of "are youse ready to order?" irked me.

Good value for money. Might try something lighter next time to avoid the chips (frozen, bagged ones upset my stomach) but worth a visit.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Had a nice relaxing supper tonight the waitress was very attentive a lot better experence from the last time big inprovements really enjoyed our meal .nice clean place well decorated Absolute pleasure deffently be back well done to the staff .

hectorsbothy, Owner at Hectors Bothy, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you very much for leaving such lovely positive reviews , I am very glad you enjoyed your meal and that my staff were attentive to your needs..this is exactly what we stive to do .

Best wishes in future travels and we will hopefully see you very soon again in the bothy

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Staff in Hectors Bothy were very friendly but not very well trained. Cullen Skink was good but no crusty bread and butter was forthcoming but sliced brown bread was supplied when queried. The scallops were lovely and fresh. Main course of fish and chips was OK. Mussels tasted great but again no crusty bread as advertised on menu, no bowl to put shells in, no spoon to enjoy sauce. Ordered a bottle of Chardonny which was warm and asked for a cold one only to be told they didn't have any in fridge. Ordered any other that was cold and apparently there was only one. All queries were dealt with right away by pleasant girls but shouldn't have had to ask for so much. Hectors Bothy was OK but I think they could do so much better.

Thamk you for taking the time to review the bothy. I am extremely sorry to hear about your experience as this is not up to the standards that I expect from my staff. There are no excuses, I will speak to my new chef again as he has only been with us about 3 weeks but was fully shown all what I expect so my sincere apologies as I completely agree with the above comments. With regards to the wine the girl that was on who works seasonally for myself obviously forgot where the wine is now stored....no excuses i have already spoken to her.. If you are in the area again please give us another try and make yourself known to me (mhairi) and i will personally see that your next dining experience is 5 star with some wine on the house.

Best wished=s