“Tasty Food, Poor Service, Excellent Resolution”
Review of Hectors Bothy

Hectors Bothy
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We chose to stop in to Hectors Bothy on our way home from Skye, based primarily on the availability of an item on the menu and confirmed that that item was available for dessert before we even began our meal. Both of us enjoyed our meals very much. The food was tasty and the portions were generous; including a nice selection of fresh steamed veggies, which were a welcome sight after nearly two weeks of "holiday eating".

Sadly, the experience went downhill quickly with the wait staff forgetting us, the item we asked for at the beginning being unavailable, and getting charged incorrectly. I will not go into the specifics, suffice to say that we left VERY angry. Without the owner on duty, I spoke briefly about our concerns to one of the girls who was on that night, but I did not feel that that resolved the problem at all.

However, since we did not realize that we had been overcharged until after we left, we had to call back the next day. Upon speaking with the owner, who handled the matter exceptionally well, my opinion of Hectors Bothy changed entirely. Even the best of restaurants can have an occasional slip up or bad night, and the way they handle these things is what matters most. I hung up from Mhairi feeling very good about the experience.

I'm not sure the next time I'll be up that way, but if I am, I'll be sure, as she asked, to stop back in and look for her.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Up on business and stopped here for lunch.Food great and service no issues.Loved the soup and burger will be my regular stop from now on.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Went to Hectors Bothy today and it was an altogether exceptional experience. The food was really good quality and the portions were very filling. The waitresses were exceedingly helpful and attentive and they both had a very friendly and positive attitude to us. The prices as well were very reasonable.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Another stop off at hectors on our way back from Skye. Cannot fault. Love the new decor- looking nice and fresh with a much improved menu which was all delicious. Best red velvet I have ever tasted!!!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Read previous reports and disappointed with what some people had 'experienced' as I have to say we once again had a first class meal with extremely generous portions and everything cooked to our satisfaction.Our waitress was chatty and helpful and took time to chat with my children about their holiday which cannot be said for all other establishments in Skye.My only negative comments was that it was initially busy and we had to wait 10 minutes for a free table but in the height of the season that can only be expected and worth waiting for.