“Excellent”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I was a lone female traveler who was well looked after. Ewan our driver/guide is a very knowledgeable guide who is very welcoming, has a great sense of humour and is a bit of a free spirit. He gave lots of advice on a holiday I am planning and I will definitely be using them again next year.
And Ewan, thanks for the fairy glen and the fish song. Lovely man.

Visited October 2013

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Over the sea to Skye”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

During a visit to the Kyle of Lochalsh we seized the opportunity to take a tour of the Isle of Skye, we did this Kilta combined ticket with the Seaprobe Atlantis boat cruise.

If you choose to purchase the same ticket it entitles you to a 1 hour boat cruise from 10:30 followed by your tour to Skye from 11:45

The Skye Tours mini bus collected us on time, the name of our driver/tour guide was Ewan. If possible try to get a tour where he is on duty as he's absolutely brilliant.

Ewan is a real character, it seems like he knows everyone on Skye. When he tells you about the history of Skye, its surrounding area and its legends you don't want him to stop as he makes the stories so interesting even making his own sound effects during tales of battle.

He played music to accompany his stories, telling the passengers it was to give them a rest from his talking. As far as I was concerned Ewan could have chatted all day and you'd never tire from the information he was giving you.

You will have just under an hour in Portree to grab some lunch, we took Ewan's recommendation of the bakery near the square. Their prices are low but their products are extremely tasty. This left us with enough time to grab a drink from the pub in the square too.

This tour lasts around 5 hours and takes you to sights around Skye such as the Old Man of Storr, Faery Glen, the Kilt Rocks, Cuillin mountains and Kyleakin.

Ewan tries to keep stops to a strict time limit, quite right too as the more you keep to the times he sets the more of Skye you get to see.

Get booked on a Skye Tour and soak in the sights, sounds & stories of this fabulous isle.

Visited September 2013
“Ewan made our day”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We pre booked the tour the day before, and asked if it was possible to bring our 2 pugs with us. This was no problem to them which was great.
We arrived on the day about an hour before the tour left, to pay and await the bus. Had a look around and was told clearly where to meet and when (very helpful).
Our driver Ewan was great!
He was joyful, and fun, and really made the day enjoyable. He was very informative throughout the tour and showed us many breathtaking views.
Would definitely recommend.

Many thanks

Visited September 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“LOVE Ewan!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We booked this at the Portree Tourist Centre completely last minute (literally 1 hour before the tour came through from Kyle) and we are SO happy we did. We were immediately welcomed by Ewan (quite a character) and off we went. Our first stop at the Old Man of Storr for some photos. We were definitely on a time line and Ewan was clear that people had been late at their previous 2 stops and we needed to makeup time. I completely appreciated that, I can't STAND people who hold up tours because they can't get it together. We then went to Kilt Rock and he definitely kept us entertained with music as we climbed up The Quirang road (incredible!) and had a lot of insight, I could have listened to him all day. Our last stop was the Fairy Glen (magical place) and we drove through Uig as well. We wished the tour was longer, we felt we saw so much in the 3 hours we spent. I would highly recommend this tour and request Ewan, he was delightful!

Visited August 2013
Aviano, Italy
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Love Skye Tours!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I'm really puzzled reading some of the reviews...like were they reviewing the proper company? Perhaps the weather would make a total difference, but we had a really nice day with no rain. We had the BEST experience with Ewan on this tour. Nigel, whom I spoke with a few times, was totally helpful, as well. My sister and I were completely delighted with Ewan's stories. We had been to Culloden and were trying to sort out the whole Jacobite story, and he summed it up for us perfectly. He's a true Highlander and a truly delightful storyteller. I don't know how he managed it, but at one point in his first story he explained how a famous person had stayed at a certain inn...and there it was right at the perfect moment. We were thrilled to sit back, relax, enjoy, and learn. We got to stop to take pictures many times, but the real highlight for us was the Fairy Glen. Wow. Pictures do it no justice. Our tour was completely full and everyone seemed happy. I would totally recommend the 1/2 day tour!

Visited July 2013