“Delightful”

Ranked #3 of 38 Nairn B&B and Inns
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Delightful”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Both friendly and professional jock and Joyce were perfect hosts.. I arrived home yesterday after a five day stay on my own. I shall no doubt return later on in the year with my husband and possibly my children who were all very impressed by my tails of Nairn and the lovely friendly people there... The beach was beautiful with white sands and the high street and surrounding areas quant with plenty of choices to eat out. Brighton house faces the sea so I had A very nice view from the window and just literally a walk across the green to go for a walk along the beach. The house is also just a few minutes walk from the high street. It's tastefully decorated and I was lucky enought to be able to sit in the garden occasionally garden in the evening too. On the whole I had a lovely experience of Bonnie Scotland with the kind and friendly environment of Brighton house, jock and Joyce... Thank you

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Nannylisa50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
UK
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed on a recommendation, and was not disappointed. Having never stayed in a B&B before, I was unsure of what to expect.

Simply put, the service, value, food and standards were better than I've ever had before. I can't find fault with anything at Brighton House.

The rooms are spotless and are finished to a high standard and look very cared for. Quality of sleep is unrivalled - the B&B is in a lovely quiet location at nights. During the day, it's great to walk along the lovely beach and seafront.

Service and breakfasts were flawless, and everything from the full Scottish, salmon to porridge was superb.

A perfect stay !!! Thanks so much Jock & Joyce, appreciated.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AverageJoeUk
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Jock and Joyce are amazing hosts, making sure I was comfortable in every way. The rooms are very clean and the beds extremely comfortable. Make sure you have some of Jocks fresh haddock for breakfast - perfect way to start the day!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard C
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We were towards the end of our first week in Scotland and the left-side driving, winding streets and near misses with various highland animals was starting to get to us. We found Brighton House quickly and without fuss, what a relief. Then we took a moment to enjoy the view, Brighton house is a soccer field away from a beautiful white sand beach and the Moray Firth (Ocean- lol). Arriving here was like taking a long deep breath and feeling the stress of our trip fade away. We were greeted by Jock who was ever so friendly and didn't hesitate to give us a hand getting our luggage to our room, advising us on the local eateries and putting us completely at ease. In the evening after supper Jock lit candles on the terrace and joined us for a drink. We discussed life, history, sports, philosophy...you name it we touched on it. The following morning we met the whole family and sat down with the in-laws for a history lesson. I have never felt so welcome in someone's home. Jock served us up a hearty breakfast and we spent the later morning walking the beach. There was no pressure to leave, no urgent check-out time, Jock even invited us to stay another night. I don't think this review can express how lovely our stay was. The shower was hot, the room was clean and well decorated and made us feel at home in a strange land lol. That's about it, I think but I just want to extend my absolute thanks to Jock and Joyce for the best stop-over in Scotland. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda1998
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Perfect in every way. One of the best B&B's I have stayed at. Friendly and relaxed atmosphere, clean and comfortable room, very tasty breakfasts, large garden. Ideal location- quiet street with a sea view.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Konradd R
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay there. Jock and Joyce were really friendly. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We had sea-view and 50 m to the beach. Moreover we had the opportunity to choose a salmon breakfast instead of the standard british or european breakfast. The black pudding was the best I tried on our trip.

So go for it.

tipp: visit findhorn.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrndru
St Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed overnight at Brighton House when on a trip north for business. It is a lovely house in a perfect location; with uninterrupted views of the Firth and close to the beach. The house has been lovingly restored. It has a lovely dining room and comfortable lounge looking out on to the garden.
I stayed in one of the rooms with sea views. It was elegant and comfortable.There was good lighting for reading, ample storage and the shower room was immaculate (with yum Molton Brown soap and hand cream). There was tea and coffee on hand. It was warm and wonderfully quiet.
The hosts Joyce and Jock are lovely; they are really pleasant and very knowledgeable. They have the knack of being easy to find and chatty but not intrusive.
Breakfast was wonderful, a cafetière of freshly made coffee, jug of orange and scrambled eggs and smoked salmon with gluten free toast. I sat at the window, gazing on the garden, enjoying a leisurely breakfast. It set me up perfectly for a busy day.
I think that this would be a lovely place for a group to use. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: 1 and 4 have views over the Moray Firth