“Amazing Hotel”
Review of Lovat Lodge Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nairn
Lovat Lodge Hotel
Ranked #21 of 37 Nairn B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Trip from Saturday 08/03/2014-15/03/2014.
My Mum had a stroke in July last year and Lovat Lodge was recommended to me. I was concerned as i was going as my mum's carer and i am only 45 but how wrong i was.
The hotel is a a fantastic place for people with disabilities and without. The service Janice and her staff provide is second to none and the food OMG out of this world especially the clotted dumpling, shortbread and tablet!!!!
The hotel also provide bus tours with Sandy and again he can't do enough for you.
Well done guy's a fantastic place to go.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms on the ground floor have a wet room to help people in wheelchairs like my Mum.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Rhona M
There are newer reviews for Lovat Lodge Hotel

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Lovat Lodge is a traditional hotel with traditional values of great food and attentive service. Staff are helpful and friendly and go out of their way to ensure guests' comfort and enjoyment. The public rooms are attractive and there are nice outdoor areas to enjoy the sunshine. The beach and promenade are only a short walk and for those who have mobility issues electric scooters are available free of charge. We spent two nights there having accompanied my sister who has problems with balance and walking. Unfortunately we could not stay longer but departed knowing that she would enjoy the rest of her stay with good company and plenty to do. The ethos is "can do" and a stay there is guaranteed to raise your spirits and boost your health and wellbeing.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank JOanArc52
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We have just returned home from our 5th visit to the fabulous Lovat Lodge.We booked in for the valentine's week and we were spoilt from the moment we walked in. Janice the manager is a wonderful host and makes everyone feel so welcome and cared for. The food is wonderful with a large choice and nothing is too much bother for staff. The whole team go out their way to take care of our every need. The entertainment was most enjoyable. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Catriona G
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Just got back from 4 day break. I've really struggled in the past with so called disabled friendly places to take my mum. They are often wheelchair accessible but thats not the same thing. we had a great time here. my mum has a mobilator and they even got a bed lever to help her in and out of bed. The food was relatively plain and simple but very good quality and the staff friendly and helpful. they don't serve huge portions that can put older people off but you can have more if you choose from the menu, especially breakfast. although I had the car, they do arrange trips if you don't have one. I know some people said it was like an old folks home but they've obviously not been in one! and older people need a break too and can get overwhelmed by some of these other places that just don't prioritise them. all praise to lovat lodge and don't change to suit others, there are plenty other places younger and fitter people can stay if they want to.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank L D
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Spent another great holiday at Lovat Lodge. From the moment you arrive Janice and her staff cannot do enough for you and you are made to feel that you matter. The rooms are comfortable and cheery. The food is beautifully cooked and nicely presented with an adequate choice.
There are several single rooms at no extra charge which is a big plus for the single traveller.
This year they even managed to lay on a heatwave!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank EdwardS285
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I was a bit sceptical when one of my mother's carers raved about this place, but thought we would give it a try. I am so pleased we did - my elderly mother and myself had a wonderful time.
The level of service, the facilities for the disabled and the standard of cooking were all first class.
The afternoon mini-bus trips were ideal for us, as was the evening entertainment ( an unexpected bonus). This will not be our last visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Alan C
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Myself and my wife were very lucky to win a weeks holiday at this very magical hotel in Nairn.
From our arrival we were treated like royalty.Something that is given to all guests I have to say. Nothing is a problem for Janice the manager or any of her staff. They are all gems in their own right. We were lucky enough to be there on the health and beauty week, and my wife made use of some of the treatments that were available. The standard of food available is second to none, and nothing was a problem for any of the chiefs on duty to make my wife something as she is allergic to onions. All the rooms are on-suite with walk in showers and I have to say even though we ourselves are not disabled the rooms are more than adequately suitable for both able bodied and disabled people. The hotel has a lovely extension on it which hosts lovely single rooms as well as the double rooms it has. The hotel has lovely kept grounds a bright and airy lounge which on most nights hosts highland music entertainment a sun lounge and TV lounge. This is a diamond of hotel in the highlands and we will most certainly be returning as soon as we can.

Room Tip: if you have any particular needs let the Orel know and they will do their best to meet them.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple