“Best B&B”
Review of Sandown House B&B

Sandown House B&B
Ranked #4 of 37 Nairn B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We have been 10 Norwegian friends staying for 4 nights at Sandown House.
Mainly playing golf, but we have also done a couple of distillery tours.
The service at Sandown House has been as warm as if we were visiting a close friend.
Dinner recommendations and booking, transport bookings and general recommendations were all perfect.
And the whole package was topped with an excellent breakfast!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2013

Dear Max
Thank you for your kind comments.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here with your nine Norwegian friends and it was great to see some of the guys who stayed with us before.
We certainly appreciate you staying with us and hope we have the oportunity of welcoming you back to Sandown House in the future!
Andy and Liz

There are newer reviews for Sandown House B&B

Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

Our stay got off to a flying start as our host Liz welcomed us with a glass of wine. Our room was modern, spacious and well appointed to a high standard. Breakfast was at a time to suit us, with a good selection of dishes and well cooked. Liz was helpful and knowledgeable about places to visit and we were very satisfied with the bookings for dinner she made us at local places. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Alan and Susan
We would certainly love you to stay here again!
Thank you for your kind comments and we are delighted you enjoyed your visit here.
Hope you had a great time at Torridon and hope the weather was reasonable!

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Just had a great 2 night stay at the terrific Sandown House B&B Nairn. Trip Advisor reviews are once again, spot on. A warm welcome from Liz and Andy, and no shortage of hospitality in this modern, very clean and friendly house. we stayed in the courtyard room number 4, (top floor, very quiet) which was faultless, and came home with my wife's idea that we should have a bathroom with a walk in shower like that! think this short stay is going to cost me a little more than the very reasonable room rate we paid for the stay here. breakfast cooked to order using fresh local produce, great choice of juices, tea and coffee, cereals, and real tasty home made soda bread. so a big thank you again to Liz and Andy, we shall certainly return for a visit in the future, Gordon and jackie.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Hi Jackie and Gordon

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and it was such a surprise to see you!
Now that you have found us I sincerely hope you will return - hope the shower room doesn't cost too much Gordon! Glad you liked it.
Thanks for taking the time to review.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Sandown House is the best place I've spend time ever. Thank you Liz & Andy for this.
The only problem was that Liz got the inbox full during the Xmas time, therefore I can't send you any email!
PS. The pudding was great. I've tried to do it the same way you did, Liz, and on the 3rd time found correct mix of time & temperature. I still have to practice with the poached-eggs :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Hello Pawel
How nice to hear from you and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. You must come back and next time see Nairn this beautiful area in the daylight . I am also happy you enjoyed the cooking demonstration and you will master the eggs I'm sure! Sorry my mailbox was fulland I have cleaned it up since. I hope you had a lovely festive season with your family and hope you will bring them all to Nairn.
Very kind regards

Reviewed 15 January 2013

A few of us stayed at Sandown House in November for a girlie trip and we had the most amazing time. The room's are better than some hotel's I have stayed in! They are all beautifully decorated, clean and very spacious. Liz and Andy were the perfect hosts and breakfast in the morning was amazing - so delicious! We will definitley stay at sandown again and will be recommending it to our family and friends. Thank you for a fabulous weekend away :-)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

You are most welcome! We too enjoyed having you and your lovely familyto stay here and we are so delighted you had such a great time here.
I do hope you will return in the future and thank you for takinig the trouble to feedback!
Best Wishes

Reviewed 14 January 2013

Stayed at Sandown House for a girlie weekend away in November 2012. What can i say - it was amazing!! Bed so comfortable and rooms very spacious. Liz is the perfect host. I would definitely recommend Sandown House and hope I will be returning again soon!!

1  Thank dior123

Hello
Thank you for taking the time to review Sandown House. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here although it seems ages since you girls brought life to Nairn! Lovely to have you all and hope you will return again in the future

Reviewed 10 December 2012

My daughters and I had a fantastic weekend at Sandown House at the end of November.the rooms were like a boutique hotel - warm, comfy beds, fabulous bathroom-Liz even provided a safety handle for me for the shower (I have mobility problems).breakfast was great -all freshly cooked. Am now trying to find an excuse for another visit soon!
Sandown house is a great venue for a girls' weekend!

Room Tip: All rooms were of a very high standard!
1  Thank Margaretb36921
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

Hi Margaret
It was lovely to have you and your delightful daughters stay with us here at Sandown House recently. I am glad you all enjoyed your stay, what a lovely and lively bunch of youg ladies!
Thank you for bringing them all to stay here and I do hope you will all return again.
Happy Christmas!
Liz

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nairn
Golf View Hotel & Spa
#7 of 9 in Nairn
Cawdor House
Cawdor House
#1 of 37 in Nairn

Been to Sandown House B&B? Share your experiences!