“Nothing to Improve On!!”
Review of Sandown House B&B

and 1 more site!
Sandown House B&B
Ranked #4 of 37 Nairn B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Nothing to Improve On!!”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We spent 2 nights here while we played some golf in the area. Wish we could have stayed longer! We stayed in Room 4 which is in the new detached building. The rooms are very new and spacious and luxuriously appointed by someone with great taste. Our king bed was so comfortable (not always easy to find). The rooms have small refrigerators in them, good wi-fi, etc. Liz is a wonderful hostess and a great cook!! You can't beat the combination of warm Scottish hospitality, local knowledge and beautiful accomodations. Thanks for the great stay!!

Room Tip: We preferred being in the rooms in the new building rather than staying in the house! Rooms 1-4.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
Hi Robert and Nancy
Thanks for your kind review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. It was lovely to meet you both and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Scotland. It would be great to see you back here again next year!
Liz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Bothwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2013

My husband and I had a two night stay at Sandown House and it was fantastic. The reviews we read before going seemed too good to be true but were actually spot on. It was perfect. We were welcomed by Andy who showed us around the house and into our spacious bedroom which had a lovely little balcony. The room was spotlessly clean with a fantastic walk in shower and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Thanks Liz for emailing me the paint colour of the bedroom. I am definitely going to use it in our house. Breakfast was whenever we wanted it and was excellent in choice and quality. Liz's soda bread was great! Liz and Andy are so welcoming and friendly and make you feel very valued guests. They reccommended great places to eat (even offering a lift there) and visit which made our stay even more enjoyable. A beautiful white sandy beach was just five minutes walk away. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Hello Paula

Very many thanks for your kind review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here at Sandown. I certainly enjoyed meeting you both and our wee chats at breakfast!
I hope you had a good time up north and I do hope you will return again in the future.
Dunblane, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Just spent a superb weekend at Sandown House. A very warm welcome from Liz and Andy who shared their local knowledge on how to maximise our time in the area. They recommended a boat trip on Loch Ness which was just ideal for our 3 year old grandson who had great fun looking for Nessie followed by a visit to Fort Augustus and the Union Canal. We certainly "feasted like a king" at breakfast enjoying local produce and homemade bread which was cooked to perfection by Liz. She saw to all our needs including a request for a second potato scone by our grandson. We had 2 rooms in the Courtyard which were suberbly appointed, spacious and immaculate. We even enjoyed a cup of tea with some homemade shortbread on the balcony in the sunshine! Looking forward to visiting the area again and another stay at Sandown House.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Hi Anne

Thank you so much for your kind review.
It was so nice to have you and your family stay with us for the weekend and what a lovely well mannered little boy Ryan is. The dogs certainly enjoyed the attention he gave them! I am delighted you all enjoyed your visit and sorry Ryan didn't see Nessie, but I do hope you will all return agian!
Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot with work, around 100 nights away a year and I have found some nice places, and of course some not so nice, Sandown House is amongst the absolute very best I have found.

Liz is head of house and from the moment you make your booking your are completely assured that your in safe hands. Arriving late on the first evening, nothing was too much trouble as I was shown around Liz's beautiful home and across the courtyard to my room, a large space that looked more like it belongs in ideal home magazine. 5 minutes later, Liz was back at the door with a beer... Brilliant.

The rest of my stay was equally as memorable, wonderful home cooked breakfasts including smoked haddock on my last day, local organic double yolker eggs, homemade jam and soda bread... The list goes on.

Liz's provides a wealth of local knowledge from things to do, to great eating houses both local and beyond. I am so compelled by Sandown House I am returning for a holiday in a few months.

The best thing abut discovering Sandown House if that I have several more trips to Nairn this year for work and I am looking forward to them more than normal!

Every average B&B owner or hotelier should pick up the phone today and book a stay at Sandown to learn how things should be done in this industry, it puts so many to shame.

Don't even think about booking anywhere else is this part of Scotland, it will not meet the same standard this will.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Hi Danny
Oh such praise - thank you indeed!
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here at Sandown and am delighted you will be returning in the future and I look forward to meeting Suzy.
We really do appreciate you staying and feel very humbled by your comments.
I hope you had a good journey home and look forward very much to welcoming you back!
Horten, Vestfold, Norway
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We have been 10 Norwegian friends staying for 4 nights at Sandown House.
Mainly playing golf, but we have also done a couple of distillery tours.
The service at Sandown House has been as warm as if we were visiting a close friend.
Dinner recommendations and booking, transport bookings and general recommendations were all perfect.
And the whole package was topped with an excellent breakfast!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Max
Thank you for your kind comments.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here with your nine Norwegian friends and it was great to see some of the guys who stayed with us before.
We certainly appreciate you staying with us and hope we have the oportunity of welcoming you back to Sandown House in the future!
Andy and Liz
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

Our stay got off to a flying start as our host Liz welcomed us with a glass of wine. Our room was modern, spacious and well appointed to a high standard. Breakfast was at a time to suit us, with a good selection of dishes and well cooked. Liz was helpful and knowledgeable about places to visit and we were very satisfied with the bookings for dinner she made us at local places. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Alan and Susan
We would certainly love you to stay here again!
Thank you for your kind comments and we are delighted you enjoyed your visit here.
Hope you had a great time at Torridon and hope the weather was reasonable!
skyte
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Just had a great 2 night stay at the terrific Sandown House B&B Nairn. Trip Advisor reviews are once again, spot on. A warm welcome from Liz and Andy, and no shortage of hospitality in this modern, very clean and friendly house. we stayed in the courtyard room number 4, (top floor, very quiet) which was faultless, and came home with my wife's idea that we should have a bathroom with a walk in shower like that! think this short stay is going to cost me a little more than the very reasonable room rate we paid for the stay here. breakfast cooked to order using fresh local produce, great choice of juices, tea and coffee, cereals, and real tasty home made soda bread. so a big thank you again to Liz and Andy, we shall certainly return for a visit in the future, Gordon and jackie.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
LizB73, Owner at Sandown House B&B, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Hi Jackie and Gordon

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and it was such a surprise to see you!
Now that you have found us I sincerely hope you will return - hope the shower room doesn't cost too much Gordon! Glad you liked it.
Thanks for taking the time to review.
Liz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nairn
Newton Muthu Hotel
Boath House
Boath House
#7 of 9 in Nairn
Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa

Been to Sandown House B&B? Share your experiences!