“Good food”

Ranked #13 of 51 Restaurants in Nairn
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Havelock restaurant décor with it's terracotta colour scheme and tiffany lighting has a warm and welcoming feel. The restaurant serves a la carte British dishes cooked to order using local seasonal produce. The addition of quality bar food - "Slider" burgers, Mexican fajitas and steak sizzle platters - means there is something to tempt all tastes and age groups.
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Had a family meal here recently. Steaks were so tender, big portions, atmosphere was good and staff friendly... Will defiantly be back again.

AndyHavelockowner, Owner at The Havelock, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

thank you for your comment. I'm glad you had an enjoyable time with us.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I went with my son for lunch and had steaks which were like rubber. The atmosphere was awful and staff did not speak to customers- they don't care. The manageress walked through the restaurant to go outside, didn't look at anyone, nor did she check that customers were happy with meals - a dreadful place but sadly in a popular area so can be seen easily - however AVOID!

3  Thank marie-nairn

I'm disappointed to read your review. We apologise to you both that you didn't enjoy your experience or steaks during our busy summer period. Your comments have been noted and rectified with the staff

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My and I went in for lunch, no one was there to welcome or seat us at a table, we had to receive our own menus, seat ourselves and waited at least 10 minutes before before anyone even came. We then ordered our food, waited 40 minutes for our food to be served. Cold and out of date salad was the last thing I was expecting. On top of all my friend had white liquid floating in her glass of coke! This is appalling service and needs to be taken care off. Would not recommend this to anyone looking for a nice evening/lunch at all!!

3  Thank imaac_
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We visited here a few times as we were staying practically on the door step at the Hay Loft . It was a lovely friendly atmosphere. The service was great and the food was excellent every time. I don't think my husband will ever get over the size of his chicken pie it could have fed a family of four !!! We joined in with the pub quiz and had a really fun evening .

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Good food and service. Very inexpensive but reasonable quality. Very good pub food. Quiz nights on Tuesday - good fun!