US$110
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

US$225
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$108
US$144
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

Hay Lodge(Nairn)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$111
All reviewsmichelin starwalled gardenroeduck eggcourse menufoie grasafternoon teacountry househalibutmolton brown toiletriespre dinner drinksset menuwine liston arrivalroll top bathdining roomdining experience
Reviewed 14 May 2013

A fabulous small hotel (only 8 rooms). Great place for special weekend away. The rooms were charming and well appointed. Highlight was the superb cuisine, 7 course dinner was out of this world, and the breakfast was excellent too. Staff were very friendly. The walled garden was lovely and the loch together with the resident swans was beautiful.

Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 13 May 2013

It really is hard to imagine that there could be a better destination in Scotland. This is certainly the best I have found. The staff, the relaxed atmoshphere, and the quality of the food (and wine list and whisky selection) were all absolutely fantastic. Even the owners were there to engage with. I cannot recommend Boath House highly enough.

Room Tip: Just read the descriptions on the website
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Surprise birthday Saturday lunch. Lovely woodland and lake setting.
On arrival shown to very comfortable lounge where we were served drinks from extensive drinks menu, Choice of starters, mains and dessert. Between us we covered every dish from the Artichoke Soup, Salmon, Roe Deer, and Halibut but the puddings were the star of the day.
Macae Chocolate with Cocoa Ice Cream was voted 10/10. Well looked after. Excellent value.
Would reccomend. Afternoon teas also available.Thanks to all.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2013

The food alone deserves its Michelin star. The service was excellent and the surroundings were exquisite.

It was my birthday and as a treat my partner organised a visit to Boath House hotel for lunch

Starters: Jerusalem Artichoke Truffle or Salmon Creme Freche Avruga
Main Course: Roe Deer with Potato, Onion and Chard or Halibut, Mustartd, Chorizo, Fennel
Dessert: Chocolate, Cocoa Nib, Ice Cream

Starter was devine
Main course - Roe Deer was so rich in flavour that it melted in my mouth. Cooked to absolute perfection. Also liked the original onion rings (no batter)
Dessert: Excellent

Cheese board - a well presented board with some local cheese and hotel made chutney

Wine - fantastic

I will be back (however, I am NOT leaving it until my next birthday)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I thought that we were off to a casual kayaking pub on the West Coast for my birthday and suddenly my husband turned into Boath House - what a lovely surprise (aside from the panic that I only had jeans with me - he'd packed a dress and shoes!). This is our second visit to Boath House but I'm already looking forward to our third! This time, my husband had booked me a facial and massage in the Aveda Spa which was wonderful - candlelit and intimate, I was completely blissed out while he took the dogs for a run on Nairn beach.
We stayed in one of the Orangerie rooms this time which are in the basement but have a little ante room where you can have breakfast (and where your dogs can sleep as they are not allowed in all rooms and you have to sign a 'dog policy' to ensure they don't cause damage). Last time we were in Mickle Cottage which sits on its own opposite the hotel and which I much preferred because it has a lovely big bath as well as a shower. The only disappointment with the Orangerie room was the 'outer section' was really cold and I couldn't get it to warm up so there was no way that we could have breakfasted there although we were quite happy to go to the main restaurant.
The evening dinner was delightful - so full of flavours - every course was mouthwateringly good. The chef there is superb. The menu is set for the evening and, of course, you can let the kitchen know if you have any specific requirements but we love all good food so enjoyed every morsel especially as it was accompanied by a wonderful bottle of Amarone Classico.
The three course breakfast is also just as fabulous. The vegetable juice may sound unappealing to some but it was a delicate blend of flavours that oozed freshness - it was so good that I had two! And the duck eggs with woodland mushrooms - wow, I'm drooling as I type this!
The service, as usual, was friendly and efficient. The setting lovely - I was up early, walking around the lake with the dogs and felt so relaxed that I kept my PJs on (very Romford I know...).
As it's only a two hour trip from us and we can take the dogs, there's no excuse not to go back very soon!

Room Tip: If you have dogs then Mickle Cottage is lovely and allows you privacy plus to take the dogs in and out without disturbing people. It's also rather sumptuous and boasts a beautiful big bathroom with a bath as well as a shower.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple