US$125
Hotels.com
US$84
US$82
Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

Tali Ayer(Nairn)
US$112
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$143
All reviewsmichelin starwalled gardenroeduck eggcourse menufoie grasafternoon teacountry househalibutmolton brown toiletriespre dinner drinksset menuwine liston arrivalroll top bathdining roomdining experience
Reviewed 7 June 2009

A fabulously beautiful Georgian building is the stage for a really First Class experience. After our long drive from Achiltibuie we were efficiently met, ushered into the lounge for a complimentary local single malt, and set down to relax by the fire while our bags were carried up to our room, our car parked and the details explained (including the meaning of Boath, a surname). The main deal was the dinner menu, which you can check beforehand. Our bedroom (No 5) was very large, with an extremely comfortable bed and massive bath…quotes from Robert Burns decorate the walls. The dinner is seriously good; Chef Charles Lockley had just been named “Chef of the Year” and we could see why. There is a set menu: we had a demitasse of Butternut Squash soup, a salad of cured Roe deer and Wood Sorrel with fried Chive Flowers, Tongue Oysters, Lamb with chard, a small plate of local cheese and the most amazing White Chocolate Mousse, with a warm slice of Hazelnut & Cherry Cake on the side.
The house and grounds are very lovely; there is a small lake with ducks, coots and swans, a pretty walled garden with a chicken “Ark” that we found fascinating, and in May, a field of bluebells in the woods. The house itself is a registered art gallery with abundant paintings, ceramics, jewelry and woodcrafts on display, including in the rooms. There is a lot to do in the area, and the Boath House is well worth a longer stay…we’ll certainly be back!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2009

o celebrate our wedding anniversary my wife and I were keen to find a good Scottish hotel to stay in as we had spent our honeymoon in Scotland 20 years earlier. Much googling later we came across the Boath House Hotel and it turned out to be a great find. From our arrival until we left after our 2 night stay we were made to feel incredibly welcome, the service was friendly and attentive and the food was amazing. Our room with its massive en-suite bathroom with two freestanding baths, was beautifully decorated and furnished and very comfortable The Hotel location just outside of Nairn was great for exploring the local sights such as Cawdor Castle, The Culloden Battlefield and Loch Ness. But it was the food that really topped things off. The 6 course, set menu dinner was truly wonderful with quirky, inventive, beautfully cooked dishes that were far superior to anything we had eaten in other hotels both here and abroad. The breakfasts, served by the owners themselves, were hearty and delicious. All in all this hotel sets the standard that others should follow. We'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Andy S
Reviewed 30 November 2008

We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at this little treasure. The whole place has the feel of a rather grand family home, intimate, luxurious but idiosyncratic. Art is displayed through out the building, the furnishings, while of very good order are not at all uniform from room to room. Personally I think this adds to the charm of the place. The room we had was large with a good sized bathroom, comfortable, clean with a pleasant view of the grounds.

The staff and owners were all very attentive and helpful without being obtrusive. They took time to chat and share their local knowledge and share a joke.

We mainly went for the food and that didn't disappoint. There is no choice as the six course dinner is set but it is changed daily and with advance warning dietary requirements are catered for. Although each course is quite small by the end of the meal you are left feeling replete but not bloated. Again a plus for me. As for the food, it is extremely competently cooked with attention to detail and flavour.

All in all a pleasurable stay and we'll be returning for a longer visit later next year.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darius_J
Reviewed 20 September 2008

I had been to this hotel for lunch a couple of times and thanks to some heavy hinting, my husband, bless his triathlon socks, booked us in here for dinner bed and breakfast for our anniversary. On arrival, it took a couple of minutes to remember where the bell is located - on a desk to your right as you enter. Once rung, Johnny was on the case, and made us very welcome. He showed us into Room 3, which was absolutely brilliant. The view, framed by the triple windows was stunning. The bed was much more comfortable than it looked, and the bathroom was the last word in luxury. Twin slipper baths in front of a window combined with a room large enough to take your morning jog in made this bathroom the best I've ever performed my abolutions in.

Guests are offered a 'welcome' drink and we chose to have ours outside, on a stone bench overlooking the lake. We spent a very happy hour here! We strolled around the grounds and my husband was delighted for find a 'conker' tree - horse-chestnut to the ill-informed! Given the amount of conkers lying around, it was clear that no small boys has been past this way recently.

Guests are requested to make their way to the drawing room between 7 and 7.30, to look over the menu and wine list. I am careful to say 'look over' rather than 'make their selections' - this was a set menu, of some 6 courses followed by coffee and wee chocolates. In fairness to the chef, all dietary requirements are catered to with no fuss, and guests are advised to let staff know of any issues early on in their stay. A choice would have made this a truly superb experience.

The food is exquisitely presented and tastes wonderful. The staff seem knowledgeable about the ingredients and take a pride in the use of local produce. However, the portions are tiny. I'm not a particularly greedy person - 5 foot 3 and of small to medium build, and I was certainly not full after the 6 courses. Perhaps we in the west generally eat too much, and I was probably quite adequately nourished, but for the money, I would have liked a little more..... I ate some food which I really enjoyed, but would never have selected from a menu, so in some ways my peasant palate was stretched. Thankfully there was no veal or Bambi on offer. The after dinner coffee and petit fours were lovely. The coffee was plentiful, but sadly, the petit fours were not. I could have eaten 3 times as many.

As luck would have it, I had packed some Pringles in my case, so didn't starve.

Breakfast the next morning was extremely filling. Portions were comparatively generous and the 'Golspie porridge with summer berries' was truly lovely. The mango smoothie was less so. I had scrambled eggs with smoked salmon which was utterly divine. Husband had a 'full Scottish' which came piled artfully in the centre of the plate. With a swift movement of his fork he soon had it looking like sausage egg and bacon. He declared it to be fine, which in his language is high praise indeed.

Despite the small portions, I'm left with a yearning to go back. Next time I shall come via Marks and Spencer's foodhall though.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2008

Oh My Goodness where do we start....we went to Boath House for four days for our honeymoon. Our stay was pure and unadulterated heaven from beginning to end. The staff could not have been more welcoming, attentive and unpretentious. The room was immaculate, beautifully decorated and completely luxurious. The food was out of this world. We spent every day in excited anticipation of what delights lay ahead and enjoyed every single moment of dining there - it was the most amazing experience. We could not explain to anyone how fabulous Boath House is but we are over the moon that we chose it for our honeymoon. It could not have been a more wonderful experience. An amazing place to begin your new life together and we will be recommending it to everyone we know!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Wirral-Lass