Golf View Hotel & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$188
Muthu Newton Hotel(Nairn)(Great Value!)
US$123
The Clubhouse Hotel(Nairn)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$188
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,303 results
All reviewstaster menuthe outdoor hot tubcrerar hotelsmoray firthsteam roomleisure facilitiesleisure clubfire escapeconservatory restaurantblack isledining rooma sea view roombunk bedsnight breakvenisonchanging roomslovely hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2014

An ideal warm comfortable lounge to treat my elderly Mum to hot chocolate and natter, staff friendly and accomodating. We were able to view the Moray Firth without the impact of rain and the wind. It's so nice to find a space that is quiet, and light. It's hard to find equivalent places in Morayshire that offer such a wonderful location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
NairnIain, General Manager at Golf View Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for your very good comments. We hope to see you back at the Golf View very soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I had stayed at the Golf View in early March last year, and really enjoyed it, the hotel was fantastic, food was good. We decided we would make it an annual visit to celebrate our anniversary.

So we booked to spend a long weekend in this hotel from 14-17Feb. I had emailed the week before informing of our return for our anniversary and requesting a special dietary requirement. Two days prior to arrival I had still not received a return email so I phoned to get the information regarding my diet. Not receiving an email back, I did think this was disappointing but knowing how good the hotel had been previously chose not to dwell on it.

On arrival the hotel was just as good, beautiful setting, clean, welcoming. We booked our meal for 7.30pm. Things have changed as the taster menu is available every evening, if anything is booked from the a la carte an extra payment is charged eg sirloin steak is charged at an extra £11.95! The portion size for the taster menu was much smaller on this visit but the food is nice, tasty.

BUT THE SERVICE WAS TERRIBLE! On each of the three evenings the service was sooo slow. We were happy to have a leisurely meal but waiting an hour between main course and sweet is unacceptable. On our last evening I did say to the manager but it made no difference. Other guests actually walked out having waited so long.

It is such a pity as it completely wasted our weekend. I again mentioned it when checking out and said how disappointed we were. The receptionist took my phone number and said the manager would call me, I have not received any contact from the hotel.

As I said it was our anniversary, there was no mention of this by the hotel but we would have gone back year after year but not now. The service was so bad, completely unacceptable. We would not return and would not recommend this hotel now. Disappointing!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank simmy
NairnIain, General Manager at Golf View Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I note that you are a returning customer. I can only apologise for your experience on this occasion notably the service in the restaurant and lack of special request confirmation from reception. This is not our usual service as you have noted before.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Hotel sits on a fantastic location on the Moray Firth.
Took advantage of a "5 PM" deal £99 Bed & Breakfast
Had a fantastic sea view room that I would not class as the "voucher room" that has been previously discussed.
Room was modern and very comfortable with only minor point relating to loose floor tiles in the bathroom that need attention.
2 main negatives about the hotel would be the overpriced Restaurant / bar and the poor condition of the Spa facility.

Pricing - My wife & I checked out the Restaurant & Bar for the evening meal and quickly opted to go out to the local town. Menu was overpriced with the main giggle relating to the wine of the week that cost £24.99 spotted in the local Co-op for £6.99.

Spa - Firstly arrived to be handed a hand towel as there was no bath towels. Went for a run on the gym treadmills only to find that the drive belts were sticking. I know I am a bit flat footed but never experienced this before.
Then went for a shot in the outdoor hot tub to find that it didn't work.
(Beware if you go out to the hot tub jam the door open as there is no access back into the Spa. Just a bit cold in February to be standing outside in my trunks knocking on the door to get in!)
Mens changing rooms are also in need of an upgrade. (All issues reported to the spa reception)

My advice. Use a Voucher deal for the hotel. Bed & Breakfast value for money.
For evening meals try some of the local restaurants. Aurora (Italian) & Al Raj Indian recommended
Drinks & Cocktails just up the street at The Clubhouse Hotel & Restaurant (Great Cocktails!)

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nauld22
NairnIain, General Manager at Golf View Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Whilst representing great value for money with an upgrade to a sea view room we are disappointed that other aspects of your stay were not to your liking. Our bottles of wine are all individually sourced and start from £15.95 and are unavailable in the retail sector. We offer a full range of meals from low cost bar meals, to a 6 course taster and a la carte options. Perhaps we could have done better to promote these options to you.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We went here for a discount weekend break just after New Year. Had a great weekend. Hotel was really busy. Most people in a similar package. We had to eat very late one evening as they obviously have a limited staff in kitchen as they wouldn't give an earlier table despite restaurant being less than half full. Food was very good and well presented even if some of the 6 course menu was so small they could have been omitted.
Room was huge with equally spacious bathroom with bath and separate shower. Spa was well maintained with a small pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. The outdoor hot tub was great touch. A bit surreal sitting in it on Sunday morning with a -3degC temp watching the sun rise over the snow covered mountains on the Black Isle.
Great place for a winter break. I am sure it would be great spot to stay in summer being only a short walk from the beach.

Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: A sea view room is best bet
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments on your winter break. Please do come and see us in the summer to watch the beautiful sunsets.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Spent a wonderful evening at this hotel with my wife and two friends. Great welcome at reception. Splendid large, well appointed rooms. Swimming pool lovely and warm. Taster menu excellent. The only fault was the coffee at breakfast, I sent it back and ordered tea!! All in all great value for money. Will visit again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback and good to know that you enjoyed your short break.