Golf View Hotel & Spa
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
The Anderson(Fortrose)
1,303 results
All reviewstaster menuthe outdoor hot tubcrerar hotelsmoray firthsteam roomleisure facilitiesleisure clubfire escapeconservatory restaurantblack isledining rooma sea view roombunk bedsnight breakvenisonchanging roomslovely hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We visited on a Saturday to have a spa day out with a group of friends. We each had full use of the leisure facilities and a half hour spa treatment, and high tea, for £40 each, it was great!

We arrived around 10am, we're warmly welcomed to the spa, everything was explained and off we went to get changed.

Spa treatments were amazing, pool and sauna were great, outdoor hot tub was a treat and the view is outstanding. A cover over the hot tub area might be good to stop pine needles ending up in the tub, but these are the small things.

We had a lovely afternoon tea around lunchtime, sandwiches, clotted cream, jam, scones, cakes, big pot of tea, some lovely prosecco ;)

Already planning an overnight return visit, I might take my husband, if he's lucky!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank ayke
Donald1897, General Manager at Golf View Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us at the Golf View.

Thank you for all your wonderful comments and I'll certainly pass your comments onto my leisure staff about the pine cones, I know its normally covered but with guests using all day this will happen from time to time

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We paid for the spa & hotel deal which included 3 half an hour spa treatments and dinner bed and breakfast for two nights for a total of £278. This is quite a good deal as spa treatment alone is meant to be £95 per person. The spa experience was amazing and would definitely recommend. There is also a lovely swimming pool complete with a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, not forgetting the amazing outdoor hot tub which overlooks the moray firth - so relaxing!! Towels are provided and changing rooms are spacious.

As far as the room went, we could not complain, the bathroom being especially spacious with a large power shower and separate bath, and a "heated" towel rail (which was never on and could not find a way of switching it on) - this was the only downfall as we struggled to dry out our swimming gear. The room was relatively spacious however compared to many of the rooms which we saw (doors left open by housekeeping etc) our room was very small compared to most and although no complaints, I feel it was slightly shy of the four stars that the hotel boasts, although in fairness this is probably reflective of the price we paid.

The restaurant was lovely with very attentive staff. Breakfast was wonderful with a large selection of cereals, cooked breakfasts and fruit, toast, croissants etc and the dining room had lovely comfortable chairs and was very pleasant to eat in.

This is very much a country break for people who are looking to relax, as this hotel is next to the sea around a mile or so from the town centre which is equipped with fast food and take away places and not much else.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank RebeccaJayne7791
Donald1897, Manager at Golf View Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Golf View Hotel.

Thank you for all your lovely comments I am happy you both enjoyed your spa break with us, sadly all our rooms are not the same size it would make my job all the easier

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I spent a night at The Golf View and we enjoyed our stay. Our room was spacious and comfortable with very good en suite facilities. It was very clean but the decor is beginning to look a bit jaded and would benefit from "freshening up". The staff were friendly and efficient; both on reception and in the restaurants.The conservatory restaurant has fantastic views over the Moray Firth providing an impressive back drop while dining. The standard of the food was very good. We would definitely return and would recommend the hotel to others visiting the area.

Room Tip: Would be worth trying to get a sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reay M

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Golf View. Thank you for all your kind comments I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a 2 night break with 6 course taster meal and 3 30 minute spa treatments, my husband wasnt too keen on the idea but even he thought the whole experience was amazing.
The room was huge, couldn't fault the service at all and the evening meal well OMG that was a challenge but was gorgeous and the views from the hotel are gorgeous.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicola37_13

Thank you for all your fantastic comments and I'll certainly pass onto all my staff.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The location of this hotel is second to none. With a large lawn overlooking the beach it really is beautiful. We enjoyed a 1 night stay last week with our 10 month old and the hotel were very accommodating. Our room was excellent, very spacious and spotless. We ate in the conservatory and the food was excellent. Service was also very good and there were no issues with having a very boisterous 10 month old in the eating area.

Another selling point for this hotel is that the pool and spa area are really lovely. They too overlook the lawn and out onto the beach. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a relaxing break away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CFL79

Thank you for all your wonderful comments and I'll certainly pass onto all my staff and we look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future