Golf View Hotel & Spa
Muthu Newton Hotel(Nairn)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$153
TripAdvisor
US$393
1,317 results
All reviewstaster menuthe outdoor hot tubcrerar hotelsmoray firthsteam roomleisure facilitiesleisure clubfire escapeconservatory restaurantblack isledining rooma sea view roombunk bedsnight breakvenisonchanging roomslovely hotel
Reviewed 6 June 2010

I had a cousin visiting the UK for the first time and after having spent the previous 3 nights in a hostel in London, I wanted to show her what a higher end hotel in the UK was like. The best part about this hotel was that I was able to book it using my Delta frequent flyer miles. Our twin room was huge and beautiful, and although it did not look directly out over the sea (the guest services rep said none of the twin rooms have a sea view), we could see the sea off at an angle out the window and the main view was still quaint and beautiful. The bathroom was nearly half the size of the room itself and had not only a large shower cubicle, but a full bath, as well. The soaps were locally produced in Scotland and were divine.

We arrived quite late (just past 9pm) after having spent the day driving up from Edinburgh doing the 'touristy thing' and although the restaurant had officially closed, the woman checking us in arranged for a late meal. Though the full menu wasn't available, I was able to order a beautiful fish and chips meal and my vegetarian cousin had a fresh made sandwich that was huge with a pile of root veg crisps (though it looked like they were the ones from the bottom of the bag) which we were able to enjoy in the conservatory.

My only problem with our stay was in the morning (having had a wee lay in), I checked the information in the room which said that breakfast was served until 9:30am (when I woke up), so we didn't rush to head down. It was only when we were checking out around 10:30 that they said breakfast was actually served until 10am. They offered to get us tea and toast, but I had actually been looking forward to a full cooked breakfast for a week leading up to this visit and tea and toast was just not an acceptable substitute. As it was an error the guest services rep acknowledged, it would have been nice to have had some compensation on the dinner from the night before (which we paid on checkout) as our room rate had paid for breakfast which we didn't get.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
NairnMurray, General Manager at Golf View Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2010

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor.We are pleased that you enjoyed many aspects
of your stay, and would wish to aplogise to you for the information within your room being incorrect.
Given the circumstances I am disappointed that we did not offer you more than tea and toast,and we will review this issue with the front of house service staff to ensure in the future that there is a more suitable alternative offered.
We are continually reviewing our customer service levels and apologise that they fell below the standard expected on this ocassion.
We hope that this will not deter you from visiting the hotel again and thank you for providing feedback to us.

Reviewed 25 May 2010

We visited for a 2-night stay with another family, totalling 4 adults and 4 young children. We were warmly welcomed and our family rooms were great. The pool facilities were fantastic and great for the children. For me, the highlight of our stay was the food, it was top quality, the menus were original and delicious, the main dilemma was what to choose as everything sounded so good! The staff went out of their way to ensure our stay was relaxing and fun, nothing was too much trouble. A nice touch was the 2 different children's menus with different portion sizes for different ages or appetites. We went for some lovely walks along the sea front which is literally a few steps from the hotel's door, and we also went for a longer forest walk in the area. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
NairnMurray, General Manager at Golf View Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2010

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor, and for all the nice comments regarding your stay at the hotel.We are delighted that you found all aspects of your stay to your satisfaction.
We hope that it will not be to long before you revisit the hotel and thanks again for all the kind words regarding the hotel.

Reviewed 24 May 2010

Our experience was mixed. The location & food was great. The front desk staff was inept. The house manager was fine and even helped us change rooms after the bed in our first room was very uncomfortable. We were given a much better room for the same price. My major complaint is that the hotel is dirty. Mold in the shower and on the floor. Cobwebs and dust in the rooms. The spa just felt dirty. With a little better house keeping and a better trained front desk staff this would be an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor.Please accept my apologises for the issues you had with your stay.This is most unusual and this will be investigated fully with the housekeeping staff .
We have questionares in all guests bedrooms to give guests opportunity to pass comments on the standards throughout including housekeeping.These are mointored daily and feedback on standards of cleaniness score extremely high.If standards are found to have dropped on this ocassion ,please be assured immediate steps will be taken to ensure there is no repeat of this.We will also follow up on the service offered to you by reception which certainly should have been much better than you expierenced.
I am pleased you did enjoy the food and hotel location and hope that you will revisit the hotel in the future. Feedback is important to us in maintaining standards and thank you for providing this, the issues raised will be given our full attention.

Reviewed 18 May 2010

Just home from a great 3 night stay at the Golf View Hotel. Great spacious room with fantastic sea views and great weather! Very friendly staff on reception and in bar and restaurant. Food very good too. Breakfast were fantastic! Would love to come back again soon!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
NairnMurray, Manager at Golf View Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2010

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed these aspects of your stay with us and I will pass on your kind comments to the staff. We are continuing to work hard to ensure the standards we set remain constant.
Once again, thank you for your kind comments and I hope we can welcome you back to stay with us in the near future.

Kind regards
Robert McPhee
Operations Manager

Reviewed 18 May 2010

Stayed here a few years ago and returned last month for a mid week break. Paid the upgrade for a sea view which was well worth it, despite lack of dolphins! Food was wonderful, leisure facilities excellent and location right at the sea could not be beaten. We are not golfers but lots to see in the surrounding area. Thoroghly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and the views from our Seaview rooms are brilliant, however I do apologise about the lack of dolphins for you to see!! I will pass on your comments regarding the food to our kitchen team who take great pride in the food they serve.
Thank you again for your kind comments and I hope we can welcome you back to the Golf View Hotel in the future.

Best wishes