“Superb / hidden gem”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Nairn
South Beach
“Superb / hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2010

This was my 2nd stay at the golf hotel and both times were superb. Rooms are extremley clean/ quite, morning breakfast is excellent, and diner remarkable for scotland, very good for eleswhere (trying to find good restaurants in scotland is like trying to find a drink in jeddah), you just have to keep looking. A must......play the golf course, one of the best links in the world. Late april / may the grouse is in bloom, fantastic. Great value.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
NairnMurray, Manager at Golf View Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 August 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us here at the Golf View.
I am delighted that both of your stays with us have been enjoyable and I will pass on your comments regarding the food to our Head Chef who will be delighted to hear them. The golf courses we have in a close proximity are wonderful, a real test of golf and I would agree, a definate must!

Thank you once again for your kind words and I hope a third visit is on the cards and we can make that as enjoyable for you as your previous visits.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

Firstly I will start with the good stuff- lovely view and great restaurant to have lunch- fish and chips were first class.
Room wasn't ready at 1.30 and we had lunch whilst we waited- during the time we waited my son became ill and we had to take him to the local hospital. We returned and decided not to stay the night but return home leaving at 5pm.
We spoke to the receptionist to find out if there could be a refund or at least partially a credit for another visit. Whilst discussing this a call was received from a family desparate for a room and the receptionst said they may have a room and would call back. I would have been prepared to accept a refund or partial refund if they were able to sell the room that night.

I was advised that the manager would call the next day to discuss but the receptionist called and said after speaking to the manager that there was no way they could make any gesture.

I understand that every hotel needs terms and conditions but I would have thought that management could have made some sort of gesture perhaps to revist the hotel or a partner hotel at a quietier time when the hotel was not as busy which would not have cost any money.

It was disappointing that the management did not discuss this personally with me and left it to someone less senior to break the bad news.

I was recommended to visit this hotel by a friend which I understand is the life blood of good hotels- which is the reason it is important to try and get recommendations and repeat customers- although in my case this looks unlikely.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank davidyule
NairnMurray, General Manager at Golf View Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 August 2010
Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor.Please accept my apologises for being unable to speak directly with you at the time.I was away at a meeting and was not back in the hotel,until later that evening.
The hotel policy is that reservations that fail to arrive on the day,cancel after 2pm or check out early are charged for that evenings accommodation. Given the number and types of situations that arise at peak times with regard to early check out and cancellations on the day , we do strictly adhere to this policy.
I am sorry that on this ocassion, we could not offer a refund or partial credit to you.
We do sincerely hope that at some point in the future you will choose to make a return visit to the hotel.We do value your feedback, and pleased be assured that we will do our utmost to ensure any return visit by you,is made a special one.

Kind Regards
Murray McPhee
Inverkip
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

Beautiful setting. Met by a warm welcome from Receptionist. Room was luxurious and view onto beach. Treatments by Wilma, wonderful therapist. Staff throughout our 2 night stay were so friendly. Both breakfasts and evening meals were held in restaurant and were out of this world. Compliments to Manager he has everything to a high standard and should be so proud of staff.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed our hospitality during your stay with us and Im sure Wilma and the rest of the team will be delighted to hear your positive feedback. We do have a wonderful setting overlooking the Moray Firth and the views from our front facing rooms are wonderful!

Once again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Golf View in the future.

ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stumbled upon this hotel while visiting nairn as it was delightfully positioned overlooking the beach. We booked for one night but ended up staying two. We ate in the conservatory both nights and both the service and food were excellent. The hotel has a path down to the beach. Breakfast was also very tastly and freshly cooked (and not self- service as in many hotels these days) Computer was provided in reception area, internet was not fast but acceptable speed to allow me check emails and availability for other hotels on our trrip.

We enjoyed our visit and would certainly reccommend this this hotel to anyone visiting the area

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ireland76Ireland
NairnMurray, Manager at Golf View Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 August 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us here at the Golf View. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, so much so that you where able to stay a 2nd night. I will of course pass on your kind comments to our kitchen and front of house teams who will be delighted to hear them.

Thank you once again for the kind words and I hope you had a pleasant onward journey and that we can welcome you back to the Golf View in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

The Golf Hotel is a magnificent Scottish hotel. His view on the sea is exceptional. The rooms in a modern British style make it an inviting base as a base to explore the valley of the Spey or the few castles in the region. A swimming pool and small spa complement the Printing rest and relaxation felt in this place. The negative points now all reside mainly in the restoration. Breakfast is a great mediocrity (canned fruit, breads low quality, like bacon or sausage.). But the worst is definitely what we were served a table which showed that there was a real problem in the kitchen. Meat tasteless, undercooked, inedible trimmings, devastating fish, desserts, whatever ... all accompanied by a service as young as he was not professional. An address for sleeping, prefer the 2nd floor rooms with views of the sea but where it absolutely must not eat. Prefer to have very good has cowdor 4 miles.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
NairnMurray, Manager at Golf View Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 July 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us.
I am very disappointed that our food and service did not live up to your expectations on this occassion. We take great pride in our food and customer service and I will investigate this further with my Head of Departments to rectify the issues you have raised.
On a positive note Im glad you where able to take advantage of our facilities while you stayed with us and could take advantage of the wonderful views overlooking the Moray firth from your room.
Once again thank you for your comments.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

What a great find! Friendly staff, wonderful food, clean and well maintained. Request one of the seaview rooms. Spectacular View! We had dinner at the hotel all three nights it was so good, very fresh. Try the toffee pudding!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank winnie90_10
NairnMurray, Manager at Golf View Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 July 2010
Thank you for your kind comments in your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the toffee pudding gets your recommendation!! I will pass on your kind words to the staff who always like hearing good feedback, it is only with this that we can keep improving our service and standards.
Once again thank you and I hope to welcome you back to the Golf View in the future.

Aberdeenshire, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2010

My husband and I spent 3 nights in the hotel, and it was fab, we wnated a short break away to celebrate my "special birthday" and it was just the ticket! All staff were very helpful and friedly throughout the stay. We eat in the conservatory and the restaurant and both were very good. The breakfasts were excellent, and kept us going most of the day. I enjoyed a treatment at the spa which was very releaxing. We enjoyed the spa facilities as well. The weather was lovely, and we sat on the patio and watched the sun set which was amazing. We had a lovely room which looked out to the sea. Would defo recommend this hotel, to anyone who wants to get away from it all and be treated well by hotel staff!! Keep it up!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
NairnMurray, Manager at Golf View Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 July 2010
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us for your birthday. I will ensure that your kind words are passed to both the front of house and kitchen staff who will be delighted to hear them. Im glad you where able to take advantage of our spa facilities also, and the sunsets are magical at this time of year, its ashame we take them for granted!
Thank you for your kind words and I hope that we can welcome you back to the Golf View in the near future.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nairn
Eight Acres Hotel & Leisure Club
#1 of 9 in Nairn
The Clubhouse Hotel
The Clubhouse Hotel
#7 of 9 in Nairn

Been to Golf View Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!