The Clubhouse Hotel
Muthu Newton Hotel(Nairn)(Great Value!)
US$123
  • Breakfast included
US$188
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslarge flat screen tvboutique hotelfirst classsmall hotelstayed for one nighttop floorlovely hoteleggs benedictan evening mealgreat weekendcooked breakfastfull scottishcouple of nightscooked to perfectionboth nightswell worth a visittown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We booked to stay here in April of this year and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

We stayed for two nights whilst visiting relatives. Having stayed in the Premier Inn at Elgin for few visits, we decided to book somewhere different, and boy is it better :-)

Gorgeous old Victorian house with lots of original features including staircase and fires, but having a very modern twist in the decor and soft furnishings. It's light, bright and colourful without being "in your face"

Our bedroom wasn't huge, but big enough to accommodate me and my husband for a couple of nights. Spotlessly clean including the en suit, which was HUGE. Plenty of wardrobe space with ample drawers, full size ironing board and iron, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer and a wall mounted, flat screen TV.

Our daughters shared a room. Again spotlessly clean, same facilities as our room, the difference being, they had a double bed each. As it was a twin room we asked for, both girls found this a bonus :-)

Breakfast was amazing. A good choice of cereals, fresh fruit, juices, pastries then a cooked breakfast as well. Toast was served whilst waiting for the cooked breakfast, which was served hot, on a hot plate, another big plus. Waitress was extremely pleasant and helpful. If I was to recommend something to the management, it would be to have granulated sugar on the tables, rather than sugar cubes. We had to ask the waitress, both mornings, for sugar to put on our cereal.

We didn't eat in the hotel, but we did see meals being served and they looked lovely. We did however, partake in the bar, it would have been rude not too ;-). Bar prices were reasonably priced. Cocktails were about £5 a glass.....fully recommend trying one or two whilst you're there. Again, bar staff were friendly as so were the reception.

In all, would stay there again, in fact we plan to in September if there are rooms available. Well worth the run out to Nairn.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2013

not wheelchair friendly but other than that, great place, very modern decore, food/service very good. bed too hard for my liking but thats me. I like soft beds
ipod docking station/flat screen tv in the rooms

Room Tip: rooms 12/14 are in back away from road with plenty of parking, 12 is setup for disabled,
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We spent 4 nights at The Clubhouse in Nairn. Situation is ok if you have a car, parking was adequate. We has a meal in the bar on the first night, this was good. The staff were all very friendly. Our room was number 12 this had disabled facility. I am disabled but do not use a wheel chair I found it to be very good. The breakfast was also good. Cereal, juices, fresh fruit salad, plenty of toast and a very good selection of cooked items.Would recommend it and would stay again if in this area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Decor was great - groovy and funky :). Room was nice and spacious. Large TV was on a swivel arm so was easily visible around the room. Bed was comfortable. Food was nice, and creatively served (fish and chips on a slate - I love that sort of thing, shows an eye for presentation). Staff were pleasant and helpful. Wi-fi was steady and fast - so important these days. 10 minute walk into the centre of Nairn. Needed a couple of bulbs replacing and when I mentioned it they got straight to it (couldn't actually fix them as they needed to order parts, but no hassle). Safe in the wardrobe is a little fiddly as there is a setting behind the door. I shut it to see how it worked and it locked! My fault for not reading the instructions, but most are set from the outside these days. I liked the fact that they had a proper key for the room, which you opened and locked the door with. Big fob to stop you taking the key away by accident, but not lumpy enough to stop you taking it out with you. Very happy with my stay and next time I have business in the area I will endeavour to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

The Clubhouse is somewhere we go regularly but decided to leave a review this time as we had such an amazing meal, it would be rude not to share! Much to my delight the menu had been changed and i found myself swithering over my dishes of choice. In the end going with the wood pigeon starter and pork wellington for main. The food was FABULOUS! portion sizes were perfect and the flavours great! Staff were on the ball and very attentive. Thumbs up all round!

• Stayed: April 2013