The Clubhouse Hotel
Muthu Newton Hotel(Nairn)(Great Value!)
US$123
  • Breakfast included
US$189
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslarge flat screen tvboutique hotelfirst classsmall hotelstayed for one nighttop floorlovely hoteleggs benedictan evening mealgreat weekendcooked breakfastfull scottishcouple of nightscooked to perfectionboth nightswell worth a visittown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel restaurant is modern and clean.Menu is limited and in my opinion overpriced however food is good and presented very well.Staff friendly.If you want a nice place to eat and dont mind paying a few pounds over the odds The Clubhouse can be recommended .

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here quite a few times and always thought it was good, with bright comfortable bar area, friendly efficient staff and well priced. Well good has now become very good with our first Sunday visit. The Roast Beef Dinner was excellent. Lots of well cooked beef and generous amounts of potatoes and veg. Not the cheapest at £15 but the food was worth it.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Nairnite09
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I recently stayed at The Clubhouse Hotel due to its proximity to the hotel hosting a friends wedding.

On arrival I received a warm welcome and enjoyed a delicious Burrito in the bar before finding my room.

My room (no 6) was spacious, with a large bathroom and very clean. It had a side street view - perfectly fine.

Service throughout the stay was good and friendly. Breakfast was generous and tasty.

Two minor observations - hotel should be clearer about door policy at night - I returned and 1am from wedding and had to be let in by a fellow guest! And the WI-FI was slow and patchy.

Neither had a major impact on a thoroughly enjoyable weekend and a friendly town.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here as going to a wedding at a local hotel which had no rooms available. Arrived and was shown to room 14 at the rear of the hotel. This was described as a garden room (car park room). The room was very small and considering we paid 130 pounds for one night it was not the boutique room we thought we would get. This was our first time away since the birth of our second child and still decided to go for dinner. What can I say, food was a hit or miss. Bruschetta with strawberries or shredded duck with a raisin relish! This is a case of a chef wanting to mix too many flavours. As per recent reviews the dining room is very modern and felt like we were sitting in a night club.

Go back to our bed to find the kitchen fire exit open and blaring music being played from the chef. I don't blame them as they must have been too hot however no need for the music. Sleepless night due to the car park directly outside and unable to leave the window open.

In the morning go for breakfast and are greeted by a waitress who took ages too acknowledge us and again food was poor. It really summed up a terrible 12 hours in The Clubhouse Hotel.

We returned to our room and after hearing a female staff member shouting at the top of their voice at other staff decided that we could not stay another night. We phoned local hotel who could offer us a room and were more than helpful. I spoke with who I presume was the owner / manger who did appologise but offered no discount from the bad nights sleep and merely stated "we don't usually get complaints from room 14". This makes me think complaints are not unusual.

When booking this hotel please ask what room you are getting as this is important on your experience. Unfortunately I could not recommend the restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for large room and do not have dinner if you are looking for a quiet meal.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ianfraser_uk
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This July, I've stayed at the Clubhouse for the third time now, together with my son (17 years). This is a hotel with a rather distinct style to it - it is a bit brash with modern decorations, hence the title of this review. Don't get me wrong, it's not the sort of hotel with load music blaring, not at all. But it's definitely not your typical rustic family hotel you find elsewhere in Scotland.

The rooms vary quite a lot, the best are on the top floor of the attachment at the rear of the hotel (I believe rooms 14 and 15). These rooms are very large with all aminities you can imagine (my son liked the large flat screen TV). This time, however, we had a room on the top floor of the main building and this was a fairly small room, with just a shower and no bath. Still, the room was beautiful, with excellent beds.

This time around, we had breakfast and dinner at the hotel and the food certainly is good. The whole atmosphere of the hotel is very relaxed and informal and we had a wonderful stay yet again.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the top floor of the attachement at the rear of the hotel; I believe rooms 14 & 15, as these rooms are very large with all possible amenities.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family