Lowest prices for your stay
£150
Go to your Happy Price
Dean P

Disgusting

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 Mar 2024
I gave them a 1 star as you cannot give a zero.

Arrived with partner and 4 year old son to find hotel locked up and numbers on door for contact were out of service. After a bit of digging we found there was an associated hotel 5 minutes away. When we went to see them they advised us yes they have our booking for clubhouse and took us around to an empty unmanned hotel with no breakfast or meal availability. We were taken to the annexe room we booked to find it filthy and uninhabitable and were told the hotel is being given up soon as no staff but we were welcome to stay seeing as we paid. A ridiculous statement. Avoid at all costs as the hotel owners are just trying to get you to stay at extra cost at nearby The west end hotel making out they are doing you a favour.
Date of stay: March 2024
Room Tip: Only advice is avoid here and nearby West End hotel as both owned by same people and they do not...
Trip type: Travelled with family
1.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
0.2 miles from The Clubhouse Hotel
0.2 miles from The Clubhouse Hotel
View more hotels in Nairn
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2023

I arrived and no one was at the front desk. I rang the bell and waited for a while before a young man came down. He gave me my key but did not direct me to my room or take me there. It took a little while to find as I was outside separate to the main hotel.
I’d had a busy journey traveling from England, I had been in the car for eight hours.
The amenities were basic and definitely need of a re-Ferb. I’ve stayed in a few hotels in Nairn over the past two months and this I have to say for the price you pay was very disappointing.
At 11 o’clock at night I was woken by three or four Indian staff members shouting and being very loud and raucous right outside my window. They were smoking marijuana and my window was open. My room was filled with smoke as I was on ground floor accommodation . I suffer from asthma.
I asked them to stop they did not do so immediately. And only on my second time of asking and being irate did they then go?
I was then really worried that my car would be damaged as they had my numberplate and could not get to sleep from thinking about this.
I definitely wouldn’t go back there again when there’s so many other hotels of a much higher standard . No one was on the front desk in the morning to take my complaint . Disappointing

Room tip: Better hotels in the area for money value
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2023

My Wife and I, and another couple stayed in the Clubhouse Hotel for a weekend visit to Nairn. We had a great stay and really enjoyed the Hotel. Our friends were given a room outside in the recently added "extension" to the hotel. This was fine for them as they had their dog with them. We had Dinner in the hotel on two evenings and had no complaints about the food, although a Prawn Cocktail served on kale was a bit weird! The bar was nice and the staff were all friendly and helpful, Monica the barmaid was great and we had some laughs with her, hopefully she is settling into her job more easily every day after starting work at the Hotel quite recently. We have no complaints about the hotel and had a great stay. Will stay again if visiting Nairn.

Thanks to all staff and management who made our stay very welcoming.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2023

Lovely hotel, amazing, friendly staff. Restaurant food is delicious. I stay here regularly on business and always disappointed if no rooms left and need to stay elsewhere. 5 min walk to beach. Highly recommend

Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2023

Avoid at all cost !!
Arrived an hour before check in, hotel locked up ! Returned around 4pm, no receptionist. Two men quickly turned up to check us in. We had requested a ground floor room due to my friends walking difficulties, no joy .. up the stairs !!
No breakfast available, 5 minute walk to sister hotel for that !
Asked where the bar was .. bar closed today !!
Asked where the restaurant was .. no food available today.
Apparently this "establishment" is up for sale ... please don't bother booking !!
On the positive side, one of the men gave me the number of another hotel close by, The Invernairne, what an absolute dream .. review of this hotel posted later.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2023

Avoid! Room 14 is in an annexe which isn’t fit for purpose. We didn’t have our towels changed or toilet rolls replaced until we complained 3 days in. Even then, these were simply dumped on our bed- beds not made up, bins not emptied and room not cleaned at all during our stay. It is in an annexe which is treacherous- unsafe outside due to ongoing building work and no door bar which means leaves and other debris blows in which lands on the floor. Corners of the room really dirty and dusty - could be doing with a thorough clean. Wouldn’t recommend this hotel in case you get this room. It’s like an extension has been added by rogue builders who have half finished the job- the noise from the upstairs loft was horrendous - it sounded as if the people were in the room with us when they got up- not up to standard. Nothing 4 * about this hotel.

Room tip: Ask not to be put in the annexe .
Date of stay: May 2023