“Stunning old house in need of an upgrade”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Invernairne Hotel

Invernairne Hotel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Nairn
lancs
“Stunning old house in need of an upgrade”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Beautiful setting.Large carpark.Stunning views and path down to the beach through the gardens.Grand old house.Met with a very friendly lady who showed us to our rooms and offered a print out of local eateries.It was about a 15 minute walk into Nairn itself.(The Class Room was worth booking.) The family room allocated was clean but ready for an upgrade I felt.Faded pictures and a mish mash of furniture.The bathroom has a shower over the bath and was in dire need of regrouting.The couple we were travelling with had a lovely room downstairs with lovely modern wallpaper and a fresh clean shower room.The place was peaceful for sleeping.Breakfast was served in the dining room which was lovely overlooking the sea.There was a large selection and no complaints about that.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been upgraded
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lexy_8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I have stayed in Nairn four times and this was by far my favorite experience! We had a beautiful room with a spectacular view of the Moray Firth. Enjoyed the beautiful decorated building, the large bar room with comfortable leather furniture and stunning views. The dining room was gorgeous (also with THAT view) and the breakfasts plentiful and delicious. The owners are very nice, helpful and accommodating in every way. I would plan another trip to Nairn just to stay at the Invernairne! Great gateway to the Highlands which are an easy day trip, and then back at night to relax at this super hotel. Bev - August 31 & Sept. 1, 2013

Room Tip: Ask for any room in the back of the hotel to get the view of Moray Firth
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Having researched this venue using trip advisor, I can honestly state that we were very pleased with the standard of accommodation and service. Our room with four poster bed, had an exceptional view of the Moray Firth, sadly the dolphins were on vacation!
The breakfast was of a high standard and the hosts were friendly and helpful.
The walk down the garden path featured in previous reviews and we found out why...gateway to a great walk.
Give this venue a try, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose the suite with the four poster bed overlooking the Moray Firth
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I wont go on too much but here we go. After thinking about going to Nairn for quite some time I looked on the internet and narrowed my choice down to four, having arrived in Nairn after a four hour drive we stopped at the first hotel, it looked nice and importantly it accepted small pets, we then drove for five minutes and arrived at the Invernairne Guest House, we both looked at each other and said WOW, I went in and asked about availabilty,I was very warmly met at the reception and after explaining I was looking for somewhere which accepted pets, I was shown to a huge comfortable room with an equally impressive en- Suite, I said this will be fine and went back to the reception, within five minutes , check in was complete. We unpacked the car and settled into our comfortable accomodation, we went straight out into the wonderfull gardens and down the private path which leads directly to the stunning beach, on our return we went to the very impressive bar, only open until 8pm, if you want to venture out late then just ask the owners for their help, they went to lots of trouble to find us a doggy friendly pub where we could eat a bar meal. Having returned to retire for the night everywhere was so peacefull, we had a great nights sleep and awoke really fresh and headed to the fantastic dining room for the best breakfast which was self service but we were met by the owners who served beautiful fresh coffee and toast, with this we had a full English or Scottish breakfast of sausage, bacon, scambled eggs, tomatoes and beans, I even had the cheek to ask for a sausage for my wee dog who I have to say was made more then welcome by the owners, to the point where I was even given tin foil to carry the said sausage back to the room. Well I said that I wasnt going to go on too much, so the parting comment is, If going to Nairn then you must stay at the Invernairne Guest House, it is delightlful.

• Stayed August 2013
Eskilstuna
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Premises: Did choose a suprior room with sea view. Old house with OK facilities. I do not like English old fashion bathrooms (general statement). Separate taps for warm/cold and shower in the bath-tub (slippery).
Cleaning: Average. Not perfect every day
TV: Poor - Problems with Channels
Breakfast: English standard. Little boring for 14 days.
Service: Excellent - Very nice owners
Parking: Very good
Location: 5-10 min walk to town center
Garden: Nice but little old garden furniture. Nice view over the bay.

Room Tip: Sea view recommended
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

In addition to the title must be said that the beautiful house really needs refurbishing and a few pots of paint. However, the English owners were very friendly and helpful, borrowed us their nice cutlery for an evening-picknick on the beach, accessible through their beautiful garden. breakfast in the saloon with seaview. Fifth star we would easlily give if paint and furnishments would look less worn out.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I was there for two nights on 7th and 8th of July. Initially I booked myself and my wife into the standard room. It was ok. The owners gave me an option to have a look at their superior category room which had the name 'Flirthside'. The moment I saw the room and the view therefrom no questions came to my mind but to take it. It was a wonderful room with great decor very tastefully done. I have visited many places stayed in various luxurious suites but for me I shall reckon my stay in this lovely guesthouse to be on the top.
To top up to the wonders of the beautiful room, the owners were such wonderful and pleasant people that it makes the memory of your stay more worth than what you pay.

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nairn
Golf View Hotel & Spa
#1 of 34 in Inverness
Boath House Hotel
Boath House Hotel
#5 of 9 in Nairn

Been to Invernairne Hotel? Share your experiences!