“Cold place cold food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Cold place cold food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Been here twice now and had the same meal, macaroni chips and salad, and wont be going again. The first time the macaroni was only just warm but I ate it anyway. The second visit the place was freezing there was an awful draft coming in the door which a gas fire had been placed near to try and combat this but with no success. Again I had the macaroni barely warm. I sent it back this time, it came back a bit warmer but not hot, with grated cheese on top which wasn't even melted, and the chips were even cold by this point as they had obviously been left while the macaroni was re-done. Cold place cold food that's all I can say.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Forresgirl

Inverness, United Kingdom
“FOOD POISONING ALERT”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

got food out of here on the 8th december 2013....got a double cheesburger supper and have been bed bound since with food poisoning...it must have been re heated because it was ready within 3 to 4 minutes....i will be reporting this place as other have had food poisoning from here aswell

• Visited December 2013
8 Thank Chris M
New Milton, United Kingdom
“BAD SERVICE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stopped for a bite to eat at this resturant with my sister, We were the only customers there. We both asked for a sausage roll, (sausage in a bun) and a pot of tea each. The waiter grunted an "ok" but looked disgusted with us because we didnt want a full meal and walked away. 20 minutes later he gave my sister a sausage roll and put a bacon roll down for me without saying a word he walked away, i dont mind bacon so i thought rather than make a fuss i would just eat it, we had nearly finished the rolls and he finally brought the tea, one small pot and 2 cups, barely enough in the pot to fill both cups. he left these on the table without a word again. so we finally finished and i went to pay for our meal and he took my money without a word and gave me my change then walked away again without a word, i would say he must be the most ignorant waiter i have ever come across, needless to say i would never go to this place again and i advise everyone to steer well clear of the place,

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank mmjb1957
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“OK take away”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We thought the restaurant part would be open; according to the time listing on Google it was. We could only get take away. Had fish and chips. They were very greasy and had to pay 20p for each little packet of condiments!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lisa K
Nairn, United Kingdom
“hit or miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I've stopped in at the Highland Food Stop several times on the way home to Nairn, when the thought of cooking is just not appealing and we can't wait another 15 mins to eat!
Although the last time the fish was excellent, freshly and expertly cooked, crisp batter and tasty fresh juicy fish, the chips let the meal down again. They are either not fresh or hot or something is not quite right. just have fish and you won't be disappointed!

• Visited May 2013