“not good for the money, and it need a facelift”
Review of The Albert Inn

The Albert Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Nairn
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“not good for the money, and it need a facelift”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

room was cleaned very good the toilet was not cleaned shower was too cold & there were only one cup & a class for two people, breakfast was ok Would not stay there again it need a face lift

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank alexandra0142

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
inverness
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Service slow food cold and poor quality ,staff arogant ,worst wev"e had in Scotland

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jim s

Travellers are raving about these Nairn hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I arrived rather later than expected at this hotel (21:40 15/04/12) But I was warmly greeted and shown to my room, unfortunately I was too late for any meals but they told me where the nearest restaurant/Take aways were (5 mins walk) The bedroom was large, and in fact there was one double and a single, very comfortable beds, great nights sleep. small touches like the folding of towels into the shape of elephants gave it a added apeal, There was a television with a digibox, picture was great. There was also the usual tea/coffee making equipment, and hairdryer. The bathroom consisted of a shower cubical and wash basin, soaps shower and hair gel were supplied. I was sligthly put off after booking I went on google earth street view and next door is the local fire station, however I must say that I never heard them once, they put their lights on but leave their sirens until they were away in the distance, (this happened only once in the four night stay, so dont be put off. The location is right in the centre, chip shop/ pizza is 200 yds away, the main street is literally two minutes away with all amenities, supermarket across the road. Very nice beach and harbour, about ten mins walk, overall an ideal situation for the area. The breakfasts were served in the games room (pool table in the middle) but the food quality of the brealfast made up for the somewhat strange enviroment, full scottish breakfast cereals yoghurt fruit juice and toast were served but I'm sure if anything slightly different was required, it could be served, very friendly cook (owner of the Albert) I'm afraid to say my only dissapointment was that, due to travelling I tended to eat out, big mistake, I should have waited to eat at the Albert as, on my last night I did have fish and chips, the fish was cooked perfectly in a very light batter (probably the best fish I've ever eaten) and by comments from other visitors the other dishes on the menu were as good. Bar staff were very friendly too.
Would I stay again at the Albert......Definately YES

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
aberdeen
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We paid £45 per room, 2 people per room, including a cooked breakfast.
staff were all very pleasant, especially the big chap that served breakfast.
this wasn't the greatest room that i have ever stayed in, but i would consider it great value, we just wanted an over night base! nice little bar, we didn't actually drink in it though :(

the room, had a freeview tv, free wireless, computer desk, double bed, single bed & a sofa, en suite shower/toilet.

I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
scotland
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I don't understand why there are so many bad reviews! Ok it could do with a lick of paint but it is clean, warm and the staff are brilliant! It was very quiet considering it was above a pub and the bed was extremely comfortable. Cooked breakfast in the morning was included in the price, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

we have stayed at the albert inn twice last year and going again in may staff very good rooms are clean and the beds are comfy bar drinks cheap

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2011

My husband and i stayed at the Albert Inn on 2nd dec 11, we where on our way to RAF kinloss for the 4 scots colours parade, it was very easy to fine,checking in at the bar was fine,really nice lad gave us out key,our room was large with a double and single bed and nice towles and tolietries,bathroom was small but just what we needed for a night,we got changed and went down for dinner which we would highly recommend the chicken curry,had a good night sleep,then had a fantastic breakfast in morning,staff went out their way for u,would recommend

Room Tip: room 5 ,was a nice room