“lovely wee cosy inn and cheap.”
Review of The Albert Inn

The Albert Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Nairn
Reviewed 27 April 2013

what a lovely wee cosy inn this is hubby and myself wee booked this wee charming cosy wee inn on the internet we did have a lovely stay there for 3 night and at a nice cheap price and with full English breakfast and I do mean a BIG FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST and you can also have cereal of your choice and fruit juice before you have your full English breakfast all in with the same price I just couldn't eat a full English breakfast it is far to much for me and I am not a big eater at best of times anyway so I only have little but hubby he had a lot more than I did and it was very much enjoyed and cooked nice.
The rooms are nice cosy and clean the bed are clean also the towels and nice and white bed and towels you also get teas and coffees ect :- and there is a kettle but be sure that you do tell or leave a message with or for the house keeper that you want stocking up on your tea and coffee Ect:- s and toilet rolls or you will have to go down to the bar to ask the bar tender for them and some customer are there listing in at your conversion ( REDFACE )OTHER WISE ITS A VERY COMFORTABLE STAY THERE.
We had a room above the bar and to be totally honest with you we hardly knew that we where above a bar and wee some times did go back to the room early and watch tele never heard a thing wee use to live in our old house in Leith in Edinburgh and it was above a really very terrible noisy bar so we do know what is a noisy bar is ) this was heaven as to compare to the one we use to live with so if you do have a problem with being above a bar in case you are not comfortable with the noise from the bar ask not to be put in rooms number 7 or 8.
the inn is on a main road but again you can not hear any thing and it does have free parking which is a god send as I think you would have a big problem to park some where if the inn didn't have the parking.
I do think that the inn is family business anyway they are very nice and so friendly always willing to chat with you even although they are a bit busy also if you do have any probs with in your room they only to willing to and fix it ( WITHOUT A MOAN ) as I had a prob with our shower as it was far to hot that I nearly got burned as I couldn't turn on the cold water and at breakfast I told the guy and he was there straight up to fix it and problem was solved with no bother at all..
This wee inn it does need refub and a lick of paint but it is cheap and a very comfy wee place and quiet and very friendly and a very good breakfast so want else do you need . but if you do want some place like the Hilton then this is not the place for you we liked it and will for sure be going back again if we are ever in Nairn again as wee where at ease there oh for fog to say there is a restaurant where you have your breakfast in the morning they do serve some lovely meals and cheap there at eating times please do give this place a try it is nice.
And not to forget to tell you that please do visit fort George will you are up there its a must we did spend 4 hours there as there is lots to see and very interesting we couldn't believe that we had spent 4 hour there as it just passes as your so lost in every thing to see there is still some army guys living there and we had a very interesting conversion with them of what goes on and about the wars that's been going on yes its all very very interesting its about nearly for adults £9.00 but if you are a pensioner it is less children I am not really sure I think about £6.00 each.the money that you pay to get does go to help on the up keep for the fort so to is going to a very good cause I didn't mind paying it as I was all worth it.
So that it all on our stay at the albert inn and it is an English couple that does run the wee albert inn and they are so very lovely couple and so very friendly.
So I say a big hello to you and to just keep up the hard work as you are doing a nice job at the inn and wee Mr and Mrs jones wish to be seeing you again some time in the future we had an enjoyable stay with you.
Thank you.

Room Tip: if you are not looking for a room above the bar then do not choose these room numbers which are room...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorna J

Reviewed 17 February 2013

On entering the hotel, I thought.... oh no! Our first impression wasn't favourable, chipped paintwork, shoddy carpet etc. There aren't any signs to say where the reception/sign in area is. We found the public bar and when we entered the customers fell silent, it made us feel a bit awkward. The room was ok, the bathroom was tiny. But....... the beds are VERY comfortable. There was a nasty odour in the corridor, our grand-daughter commented on this also. We had dinner in the hotel and it was first class. The staff were very friendly and the service was great. Breakfast was good too. Would we stay again? NO! but I would certainly dine there again.

Room Tip: Away from the main road.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheila B
Reviewed 31 December 2012

a bit on the shabby side.Rooms and hallways needs a bit TLC. everything seems to be have been done as DIY and not finished off neatly. doors don't close properly, paint splashes on doors and on woodwork. Saying that, the bed was comfy and it was clean. The food was very good indeed. We had a bar supper and couldn't fault it at all and the breakfast was well cooked, All in all it is a good place for a one night stay but wouldn't recommend it for any longer.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ali_1_12
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights and had a good time. Staff genuinely friendly and helpful, nothing was never too much for them. The hotel is very reasonably priced and you get what you pay for, having read a lot of reviews I don't understand so many negatives, if you are an upmarket client, then go pay more money for a luxurious hotel! This said, the room was nice with TV, ensuite shower and toilet. Bed was very comfortable. The location is ideal walking distance, 10 minutes to the train station, 5 minutes to the high street and about 10 minutes to the beach. Finally the pub itself: having spent 3 evenings, saw a mixture of ages, friendly locals, good variety of beers and spirits at normal prices. I must also highly compliment the chefs for food, very good value, choice and tasted fantastic. Try the BFG Burger (16 oz) if you are really hungry, it will fill you up with quality meat! The breakfasts as well was very good. If like me you only want a nice bed to sleep in and be out all day and most of the evening you will enjoy it. If you will spend most of the time in the room (get a life!) probably try a 5 star hotel in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Phoenixx82
Reviewed 29 November 2012

This hotel is run down,room was dirty,light bulbs missing,clothes belonging to
someone else in wardrobe.Carpet dirty.Breakfast was good! Staff were friendly.
If someone spent some money upgrading this place it could be a nice little hotel.A little
TLC,could go a long way.Musty smells are not a good sign.Shower? was a dribble.Was
glad for a bath when I got home.

Room Tip: Another hotel!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank EdinburghJess
AlbertInnManager, Owner at The Albert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2012

Thank you for your comments, I must apologise as it seems we have fallen short of your expectations, I have looked into the origins of the odour and I have put steps in place to hopefully remove it. We are redecorating all the bedrooms and to date there is only one room that has not been redecorated, which unfortunately it would seem was your room! From reading various comments in the past we have made it a priority to ensure that the rooms are clean, I am sorry you found your room not to be clean. If you had spoken to myself or any of the staff during your visit we would have been happy to of helped in anyway necessary to have made your stay better.
The shower pressure is something we hope to have addressed at the start of the new year.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Thought this was a great place to stay for the money, good location on the main road and next to the min street with all the shops etc good food, nice room with Plasma TV coffee and stuff and also had en suite toilets and all the staff were friendly, will be staying there if in the area again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2012

As the saying goes - it is what it is - and is pretty one dimensional. Ideal for a group of male golfers who won't spend long in the rooms and are happy with hot water, a shower of sorts and a clean bed. The welcome is friendly, the breakfast is good and it's decent value for money but it's easy to see how some travellers would be disappointed here.
As for us - next time in Nairn, we'll be back at the Albert - suits us perfectly!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends