“Don't stay in this hotel ...am sure a hostel for the homeless would be cleaner .”
Review of The Albert Inn

The Albert Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Nairn
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed in aviemore the night before lovely clean hotel excellent service ... Arrived in Nairn on Saturday to spend evening with friends ... First thing to hit you when walking up the stairs with ill fitting carpets was the smell. the corridor up stairs obviously has air freshness to try to mask the smell ( this made it worse) the room was in need of decoration and the carpet was filthy ... The shower was a trickle of water ..I had to go to friends house to wash .... There were hundreds of flies ( even they were trying to escape .. ) on the positive the bed was clean and comfortable .. Would not stay in this hotel again .... But it's nothing a bulldozer couldn't fix ...

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Motherg66
There are newer reviews for The Albert Inn

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before my friends wedding and I wished I had of stayed home in Glasgow and taken the drive up on the Saturday. It probably would have been cheaper and I wouldn't have felt so ill while I was being bridesmaid.

The whole place looks like a youth hostel/old mans pub (if you that makes sense) which instantly made me mad that they had the cheek to charge me £75 for the night! Then we went upstairs to our room and instantly were smacked in the face with the smell of sewerage. It was vile. I spoke to the barman who assured me it would be taken care of. I went out and came back to the smell slightly lessened but then throughout the course of the night it came back worse than ever! I have read posts from the past year or so and this is a recurring theme. The fact they know about it and yet still have the gall to charge what they did speaks volumes about their level of customer service. No doubt they were just happy to have their money. I sent an email to complain with no reply and my husband asked for a discount the next day due to the smell, two lights in the room not working and a cold dinner the night before.

The barman was trying to be helpful in the evening however the person on shift at breakfast just shrugged and said he wasn't authorised to arrange a discount and made no attempt to get in touch with someone who could.

Nairn is a lovely wee place but I would never stay at this place again.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank sairbear77
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We spent 2 nights here whilst attending the wedding of a friend, only 10 minuets from the airport and a short walk from the wedding venue. Very friendly and clean, I liked that we had our own front door key so did not have to worry about returning late from the wedding. The breakfast was very good, although my son and husband could not do it justice after too much scotch whiskey the night before! A lovely stay and would defiantly use this inn again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Gillian J
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights as a base to get to Inverness and Drumnadrochit, both within 20 to 30 miles.
The hotel is actually a pub with rooms etc but is in a nice area close to all the local amenities etc.
The room was comfortable and large and suited our needs, the bathroom albeit on the small side was adequate and serviceable.
The staff are very friendly and helpful and the meals and the breakfast are superb.
Worth a stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andy B
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed here for one night. The room we had seemed old and bathroom was really small. The Inn smelled like smoking was allowed everywhere. We were disappointed about the whole feeling of the place. If I would travel again the same journey I would skip Nairn and just drive to Aberdeen.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elina S
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Had a lovely night at the Albert inn staff very friendly room was very nice very big bed & so comfortable room very clean and had everything you needed (hair dryer ) breakfast was really lovely you had want you wanted off the menu thank you all for making our stay in Nairn pleasant

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Shazlbooth
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Stayed for one night while on business. Lovely little hotel, clean rooms at very good price, quality bar food and good choice. Staff friendly and helpful. With the exception of the seagulls I had a good nights sleep. Would recommend.

Room Tip: It is on the main road so do expect some noise from the road and don't forget the seagulls as we...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business