Priceline
Alan Gold

Superb in every way

Review of The Albert Inn
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 May 2022
My girlfriend and I could not have hoped for a nicer experience when we stayed at The Albert for two nights last week. After a serious car accident on our way there, we were delayed by several hours and eventually arrived by taxi at 11pm. Despite this the proprietor, Guy, gave us a warm welcome and offered us refreshments, which made all the difference after such a traumatic experience that afternoon. The guesthouse we had stayed in the previous two nights in Aberdeen had been very disappointing, in particular the continental breakfast left outside our rooms, so the wonderful cooked breakfasts served up by Guy were extremely appreciated. We can also recommend the food on offer at evening meal times - it was really good, and modestly priced too. The rooms were really nicely appointed with big comfortable beds and nice furnishings throughout. For the prices being charged we really could not fault this guesthouse - we will be back again and will recommend it to friends and family. Thanks again Guy! Alan and Fiona
Date of stay: May 2022
0.1 miles from The Albert Inn
    £95
0.5 miles from The Albert Inn
View more hotels in Nairn
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 March 2022 via mobile

Booked a couple of days in the albert for our anniversary.
As we had missed out the last 2 years.
Room was clean and comfortable.Staff were very friendly and service was first class.As was the food.
Will be back.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2022

Different kind of review for me this one. I was due to stay at the albert inn but couldn't due to a covid outbreak. The manager phoned me and sorted arrangements for me to stay at another hotel to me he went beyond to ensure i had somewhere to sleep that night. To me this is first class and although i didn't actually stay things like this go a long way for me to stay in future.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Slayerofgoliath1986
Reviewed 4 October 2021

Just returned from a long weekend at the Albert inn and was not disappointed. From the warm welcome to the fabulous room, massive bed and the most amazing staff everything was perfect. Breakfast was amazing all the choice you can wish for.we ate at the hotel bar and were not disappointed the food was amazing and so reasonably priced. We couldn't have felt more welcome than we were made to feel. Well done to all of you because it is not very often that there was nothing at all that we may have said could have been done differently. Will definitely be back.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2021 via mobile

Quaint country style pub with lovely features.

The barman is really nice and friendly , hard working.

I had haggis bon bons starter and they were amazing even better when dipped in the camembert starter.

If you're going to eat the mixed grill be ready for a challenge, it's huge.

We then had the special, chicken schnitzel, really well cooked chicken with all the trimmings of a schnitzel and amazing chips.

A must visit for anyone in the area

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ScottJMThomson
Reviewed 3 November 2019

I stayed here for a couple of of nights, and to be honest I didn't find the place to be anything special. The check in is in the bar, the room I was allocated was spacious enough however the toilet and shower were tiny, beware tricky to get the temperature right in fact it should have a warning.The whole place could do with a makeover, room was dowdy and tired looking, could not get the TV to work only one channel available, the room that I was in had no signal for WiFi so I couldn't use my laptop. only signal available was in the breakfast area. Breakfast was ok with a selection available and the cooked option was passable. Limited parking available, I said it's nothing special and if your on a budget and like no frills then this may suit some.

Date of stay: October 2019