Had a lovely two night stay in the "new section" of this grand old hotel,
The Newton is what it says it is, if you want modern, Hi tech, fast service, stay in a Premier inn,
This hotel is for the over 40's, no noisy children or barking dogs, just a laid back friendly old hotel, with quiet waiting staff and lovely freshly prepared food, therefore it takes time to get to your table,
if you want to unwind and watch the most amazing sunsets, you can from anywhere in the Newton Hotel or grounds my favourite was from the comfort of the biggest softest sofas, in the bar or the Chaplin's or the grounds or our room seriously the Nairn sun sets in the centre of the grounds breathtaking,
We really had a super break, it is not modern, and the cobwebs could do with a little TLC but if you go with the mind that it is an old building with loads of character, you’ll enjoy. The bathrooms in the new section are spotless and have lovely white fluffy towels, the beds are clean, as are the fitments, the side chairs are worn a touch but, add to the feeling of staying somewhere with history,
One thing that impressed us, was the quietness of the corridors and the thickness of the walls, once in your room, you didn’t hear anything, no banging doors, I’m sure if there was a conference or wedding on it may be different, there were several coach trips staying at the same time as us, which meant if you went for breakfast after 8:15am it was relatively quiet,
Nairn beach is the cleanest beach and the locals are so friendly, not a lot of “nice” pubs in the area, which is a shame, but several of the surrounding hotels are open to the public and seem to be branching out.
Great location for all the tourist attractions and the setting sun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful area in the Highlands of Scotland, the hospitality of the town is matched by the welcome that awaits guests at the Newton. Standing in 21 acres of mature parkland and gardens, yet close to the Highland Capital of Inverness, is the Newton Hotel. There are 63 en suite bedrooms and the hotel has a comfortable environment in which guests can relax. The hotel is only a 10-minute drive from Inverness Airport and within easy road and rail links, making it very accessible whichever way you choose to travel. The area hosts a wealth of attractions including the Malt Whisky Trail, Elgin Cathedral, Loch Ness, Cawdor Castle, Culloden Battlefield, the delights of Inverness or Nairn and the famous Moray Firth Dolphins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Newton Muthu Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newton Hotel And Highland Nairn
- Newton Hotel Nairn
- Newton Muthu Hotel Nairn, Scotland