Just spent a very nice time at the Newton Hotel in Nairn - as the heading says its expensive, but the price is comparable with the other hotels in neighbourhood, so can forgive the price.
We stayed overnight as close friends were having their wedding at the hotel, so lets start with check in - well we were very early - and the receptionist did a very good job of getting housekeeping to get the room ready. The room we were allocated was in the old part of the building, and as per some of the previous reviews was rather tired looking, but very clean and tidy and had the usual fittings you would expect - trouser press, decent wardrobe and mirrors, TV, kettle and tea/coffee making accouterments, good sized bathroom and very comfy beds, it also had the added bonus of an iron and ironing board. Sound levels in the room were surprisingly low, so a very sound uninterrupted sleep.
We visited some of our friends rooms in the new part of the building, and they were absolutely brilliant, and as our booking was a bit late, the old room we had was a reasonable option, as it was only for the one night.
The evening meal we had was one of the best i have ever had in the UK, I know that the wedding meal cannot be a real comparison to personal one in their restaurant, but if they can feed 80 or so people to that standards, they must be really good with small numbers, the waiter service was also first class, really professionally done, and you could see that they had it down to a very fine art, but yet really friendly and chatty, this seemed to be the norm for all the staff, quick to do what was needed, but with the friendly approach, from the duty manager to the housekeeping staff and also the gardeners - they all wanted the guests to feel at ease with the place.
Breakfast, usual help yourself options, then the very good menu with a few interesting additions - such as the porridge made to your preferences. The quality of my cooked brekkie was again first class and served very quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful area in the Highlands of Scotland, the hospitality of the town is matched by the welcome that awaits guests at the Newton. Standing in 21 acres of mature parkland and gardens, yet close to the Highland Capital of Inverness, is the Newton Hotel. There are 63 en suite bedrooms and the hotel has a comfortable environment in which guests can relax. The hotel is only a 10-minute drive from Inverness Airport and within easy road and rail links, making it very accessible whichever way you choose to travel. The area hosts a wealth of attractions including the Malt Whisky Trail, Elgin Cathedral, Loch Ness, Cawdor Castle, Culloden Battlefield, the delights of Inverness or Nairn and the famous Moray Firth Dolphins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Newton Muthu Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newton Hotel And Highland Nairn
- Newton Hotel Nairn
- Newton Muthu Hotel Nairn, Scotland