This was our second visit and this time we took our 13 year old daughter for a 2 night day. We had booked 2 rooms and were informed when we checked in that we had been upgraded to superior rooms - must be a very quiet time of the year! Rooms were very spacious and had all usual extras. Not all the tv channels worked - disappointing for a teenager! But the hotel did offer free wi-fi - bonus. Had booked a 2 night package of dinner, bed and breakfast. Breakfasts were excellent with full Scottish prepared to order at no extra charge. Watch out for the supplements in the Chaplin restaurant for dinner! Daughter will usually eat anything but there wasn't 2 much 4 her tastes and there were supplements of up to £7 for some items. On the 2nd night we were given a second menu which seemed to be the bar menu - it had a better choice for daughter but again surcharges. £32 were added to our bill - 4 soft drinks, 2 small wines and the rest food supplements. Not really impressed with that - did query bill but told that it was correct.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful area in the Highlands of Scotland, the hospitality of the town is matched by the welcome that awaits guests at the Newton. Standing in 21 acres of mature parkland and gardens, yet close to the Highland Capital of Inverness, is the Newton Hotel. There are 63 en suite bedrooms and the hotel has a comfortable environment in which guests can relax. The hotel is only a 10-minute drive from Inverness Airport and within easy road and rail links, making it very accessible whichever way you choose to travel. The area hosts a wealth of attractions including the Malt Whisky Trail, Elgin Cathedral, Loch Ness, Cawdor Castle, Culloden Battlefield, the delights of Inverness or Nairn and the famous Moray Firth Dolphins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Newton Muthu Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newton Hotel And Highland Nairn
- Newton Hotel Nairn
- Newton Muthu Hotel Nairn, Scotland