“Our Wedding at the Newton Hotel”
Review of Newton Muthu Hotel

Newton Muthu Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Nairn
Perth, United Kingdom
“Our Wedding at the Newton Hotel”
Reviewed 1 December 2012

A big thank you to all the staff at the newton hotel, Mark who couldn't do enough for us and our guests and Hannah the wedding co-ordinator for making our wedding day so special! everything was just perfect. The hotel is beautiful and did a lovely setting with lovely rooms and very friendly staff, well worth a visit! We will be back every year for our anniversary!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mandy D
Alan N, General Manager at Newton Muthu Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your wedding at The Newton Hotel.
I was so pleased to note that your wedding day turned out to be so special and you 'found everything was just perfect'.
I am glad that you are going away with such happy memories of The Newton Hotel.
I do hope you are able to return for your anniversary, and if you contact myself I will personally make your reservation and ensure there is a complimentary bottle of bubbly waiting in the room on arrival.
Best wishes on your new life together.

Hotel General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a works Christmas night out last year and was led to believe that this hotel was gorgeous, yes sure is when you walk in, beautiful lobby, function room etc but our room number 202 was absolutely shocking. The door into the room had hardly any paint on it. Wallpaper hanging off the wall and ceiling, badly stained carpet and bed clothes, advocado bathroom suite which would of been ok if you could get hot water to have a shower!! Condensation running down the windows and it was so cold that you could see your breath. I woke up in the middle of the night with my teeth chattering!!
My husband went to reception and asked us to be moved after we checked in at 2pm and was told we are fully booked, yes they were but people were checking in at 6.30 before the function started and got a lovely room, this is wrong in my eyes. We had booked and paid for this the previous February so we certainly booked and checked in on plenty time.
We didnt want to cause a big fuss so I came home and sent them an e-mail explaining how much we had been looking forward to this trip and how disappointed we were, i was not looking for any "freebie" but would of liked an apology but they never even acknowledgement that they had received it! VERY disappointing service from a hotel of this standard.
Hence we have not returned, never will and certainly wont recommend to anyone!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
13 Thank Keirdale
I would like to apologise for the disappointment you had with your accommodation for your Christmas night out.
Having looked at your comments, I was unsure of the timeline of your posting. It notes you stayed January 2012, travelled with friends.
In your post you refer to 'Christmas night out last year' which would indicate a visit in 2011 though the revew date shows 1 December 2012.
The reason for querying this, is I am not aware of an e-mail being received in December 2012/January 2013 regarding your disappointment with your room. If you were able to forward it to myself at generalmanager.newton@bespokehotels.com I will personally reply.
With regards to allocation of bedrooms, the bedrooms would be allocated in no particular order, unless a particular room/type is requested and the appropriate rate for that room is applied. In events similiar to a group event that take up the majority of the bedrooms, a set rate would normally apply to all rooms and unless specified by the organisers there would be no particular allocation of rooms.
I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and I do hope we are able to discuss this further, to restore your faith in The Newton Hotel.

Regards

Malpas, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I have just spent 5 day staying at the Newton Hotel and conference centre at Nairn in the highlands of Scotland and could not fault it in any way. I was on an all in deal, B,B & EVENING MEAL, the room was excelent, very clean with all the facilities, a very good choice for breakfast both hot and cold and the evening meal was also very good and with plenty of choice. The staff were both very pleasent and helpfull and the service at meal times was also excelent. You would have to go a long way to better the experience

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank minstead65
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Having spent five days in the hotel, you would have had a variety of different meals and seen the hotel in different situations and it is pleasing to note that you found all aspects of the hotel to your comfort and liking during your stay.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Newton Hotel soon.

Glossop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Stayed in one of the rooms in the new block and was very comfortable. Room was of a good size with an enormous well equipped bathroom. Staff were very curteous. Location was very quiet overlooking a field with Highland cattle in. Only negative point would be if staying whilst a wedding function was on - very noisy! Best to check in advance. No leisure facilities at the hotel.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MistyTT
Alan N, General Manager at Newton Muthu Hotel, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Many thanks for your positive comments regarding your stay with us on business.
My apologies if you were disturbed by the wedding function, but having stayed overnight above the Highland Suite during a wedding, I can fully appreciate your comment. We will be a bit more vigilant when allocating bedrooms in the future and where possible try to avoid non-guests being on the first floor.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Newton Hotel in the near future.

Den Helder, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 November 2012

The hotel is in a beautiful location and has lots of character and charm. Our room was spacious as was the bathroom. Loved the 3 different types of pillows (6 in total). Internet was fast. Food was good as was the service. Very nice bar. Would definitely stay there again if going to Scotland!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
OHIML, General Manager at Newton Muthu Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
I would like to thank you for posting your kind comments from your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to note that you had an enjoyable stay with us and this was enhanced by the different aspects of the hotel you experienced.
The location of the hotel, surrounded by mature woodland with the lovely views to the coast, is often commented on favourably by many guests who stay with us. It also has the attraction of only being a few minutes from the town centre.
I do hope you are able to visit Scotland again and we are able to welcome you back to The Newton Hotel for another pleasant stay.
Kind Regards
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2012

The Newton is an absolute gem. I was fortunate to be accommodated there last week while working away from home. It is unlikely that I would have found it otherwise. Every room is spacious, warm and comfortable and most offer very good views of the surrounding countryside.
Meals in the restaurant or bar are good value, properly cooked and well presented and by attentive staff. Shame to leave!

Room Tip: Only tried those in the new wing over reception but I have not complaints with them
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Your positive comments are very much appreciated and I would like to thank you for taking the time to post them. I was pleased to note that you found both your bedroom and your meals to your satisfaction and that your time with us was a pleasant stay. Hopefully you will be able to stay with us in the future, and enjoy the hotel and the local area without the distractions of work.

Regards

Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We attended our friends wedding which was held in the hotels chapel and were blown away with the beautiful venue and exceptional service which we received from the moment we arrived. We booked standard rooms which were in the old part of the hotel, they were clean and very comfortable. Best nights sleep iv had in a long time! There is so much to see and do but we didn't really have enough time to take advantage of the lovely walks etc but will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
OHIML, General Manager at Newton Muthu Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Many thanks for posting your kind comments from your stay at The Newton Hotel at the weekend. Many guests do comment how the Chapel in the hotel does compliment the hotels facilities for weddings and provide a lovely setting for the day. Thanks also for your comments regarding the level of service and the bedrooms. I will make sure the staff are aware of your kind comments.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Newton Hotel and I hope it is not too long before you are able to return and enjoy the hotel and the surrounding areas.
Hotel General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nairn
Golf View Hotel & Spa
Culloden House
Culloden House
#1 of 34 in Inverness
Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel

Been to Newton Muthu Hotel? Share your experiences!