Muthu Newton Hotel
The Clubhouse Hotel(Nairn)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$414
US$175
  • Breakfast included
US$217
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshighland cowscharlie chaplincream teatour groupexecutive roomolder partlovely groundsbeautiful hotelunderfloor heatingwedding partyloved this hotelan upgradebar menuhuge beda bit tireddining roomevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Driving up the circular driveway, the Newton is pretty imposing. Stepping inside was like going back in time .....but in a good way. There were dark wood floors in the lobby and the bar area. The bar was filled with overstuffed chairs and sofas. The bedrooms are thoroughly modern with all the amenities. I would have enjoyed my room enormously had I not been right over the venue of a rather rambuncious wedding party. Luck of the draw, I suppose. The food was pretty good and the wait staff were very helpful explaining things on the menu. The grounds are lovely just to meander after dinner. I would definiely stay at the Newton again if I were in the Inverness area. All in all, a lovely property.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank LonnieH634
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We loved the Newton. Great setting with a absolutely terrific staff. Rooms were spacious and extremely nicely appointed. The Breakfast here was Wonderful! Enjoyed walking through the area outside the hotel.

1  Thank Terry98027
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I am reviewing this on the basis that they don't seem to want any drop in customers for meals. My Husband and I decided to drop in one bank holiday as two of my friends actually work here. The reception staff were very helpful and sent us off in the direction of the bar for a meal. When we got there the door was locked and the lights off. After a while we found a member of staff who was new and really did not know what was going on. They suggested we go to the lounge to eat. when I stuck my head in i could see it was only arm chairs and nothing set up for eating. THe girl eventually went off to get a key and let us into the dark cold bar with nothing but silence!!! I am really gobsmacked that such a nice setting do not seem to want to attract custom. We actually left without eating as it was a terrible atmosphere, cold and dark. I know that my two friends who work here were very surprised and could not understand it but why would a potentially busy place have their door closed to the public on a bank holiday???
I worked here at one time in my life when service was of utmost importance and am really sorry to see that things have come to this.

4  Thank Marion R
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Located in a residential neighborhood, overlooking a large field with two cattle grazing, we found this hotel to be very nice. We were welcomed by the hotel manager before we were allowed off the bus. Only room that we had with two luggage racks on the entire trip. Large room with very large bathroom with heated floor. Multiple windows. Comfortable bed. Bathroom water pressure and temperature good. Reading lights by bed side had enough wattage.

Our tour included a nice 4 course dinner, where we were able to taste freshly caught haggis for the first time. Tour included wine with dinner.

After dinner the tour included entertainment with two high school age dancers (very good, I even tipped them as their mother picked them up after the performance), a bagpiper, and an accorian player. It lasted almost an hour and they left time for questions.

Breakfast ordered off a menu. Manager saw us off after breakfast. Would stay here again.

3  Thank BTA
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Booked an executive room as I thought we are old enough to treat ourselves now, expensive, £140 per night with continental breakfast but thought, yeh go on then. Staff were very friendly and seemed efficient, no complaints. The room was small, very shabby with bad staining on the carpet, Bed was rough and falling to bits and the decor was in desperate need of a lick of paint. The bathroom, i think, must have been tiled by a trainee who had obviously failed, broken toilet seat support, broken shower shelves, mould on the back of the soap bottles in the shower and the extractor fan clogged with thick dust, floor heating was restricted to approximately 3 tiles and a couple of the floor tiles were loose. i think £60 top whack would be more appropriate, the room number was 116, to be avoided.

Room Tip: Try another Hotel
4  Thank buster38284