I stayed here for 3 nights to celebrate my birthday in early November. I got an excellent rate for B&B and was truly impressed by the ambiance and quality of the whole hotel. The room was truly impressive. It was spotlessly clean with a large bathroom. The main bedroom was huge with a king sized bed as I had been upgraded. There pillows were fresh and bedding very new and clean. The staff throughout the hotel were exceptionally pleasant.
The breakfast is well presented with ample to eat. The only thing I wish they had was already cut fresh fruit salad. I took a walk through the grounds, crossed the nearby gold course and found myself on Nairn beach. Well worth a walk along here to fill your lungs with good clean fresh air.
I had to end my stay one night early due to my father becoming ill and reception very kindly sorted that out. I then asked the lady in the bar area if food was available as I had to drive to Glasgow. The dining room was not open. She was exceptionally kind (didn't get her name but in her early 40's with spectacles). She spoke to the kitchen and arranged for me to have food which was beautiful. I was served in the dining room by a young man who was friendly and excellent at his job. He told me that he worked in the hotel for 5 years and he clearly enjoys doing his job. Both these staff are a true asset to the hotel. The whole experience of staying at the Newton was relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable.
I would highly recommend this hotel. I hope to come back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful area in the Highlands of Scotland, the hospitality of the town is matched by the welcome that awaits guests at the Newton. Standing in 21 acres of mature parkland and gardens, yet close to the Highland Capital of Inverness, is the Newton Hotel. There are 63 en suite bedrooms and the hotel has a comfortable environment in which guests can relax. The hotel is only a 10-minute drive from Inverness Airport and within easy road and rail links, making it very accessible whichever way you choose to travel. The area hosts a wealth of attractions including the Malt Whisky Trail, Elgin Cathedral, Loch Ness, Cawdor Castle, Culloden Battlefield, the delights of Inverness or Nairn and the famous Moray Firth Dolphins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Newton Muthu Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newton Hotel And Highland Nairn
- Newton Hotel Nairn
- Newton Muthu Hotel Nairn, Scotland