We stayed at the Newton Hotel for 2 nights last weekend through a deal on Itison. What a charming hotel! We stayed in Room 104 which overlooked the front of the hotel, down to Nairn beach. The room was spotless and massive. Yes there are older tvs in the room and our bathroom was relatively basic, but I don't think you really book into a hotel like this for flatscreen tvs (my personal thoughts anyway!). We found all the staff to be very helpful, friendly and attentative. I would definitely stay again, tomorrow if I could. Nairn is a lovely area and you can walk to Nairn beach in 5/10 minutes, which is lovely.
The only thing I would say is the cd which was on repeat play in the hotel was enough to put me off, power and love ballads - someone needs to change the record! Also we were severely lacking in electricity points, so maybe bring an extension lead or multiplug.
We ate a three course dinner on the Saturday night and had breakfast both days, the portion sizes were generous and the food was nice, service was excellent. What more can I say?? I highly recommend for a quiet countryside stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful area in the Highlands of Scotland, the hospitality of the town is matched by the welcome that awaits guests at the Newton. Standing in 21 acres of mature parkland and gardens, yet close to the Highland Capital of Inverness, is the Newton Hotel. There are 63 en suite bedrooms and the hotel has a comfortable environment in which guests can relax. The hotel is only a 10-minute drive from Inverness Airport and within easy road and rail links, making it very accessible whichever way you choose to travel. The area hosts a wealth of attractions including the Malt Whisky Trail, Elgin Cathedral, Loch Ness, Cawdor Castle, Culloden Battlefield, the delights of Inverness or Nairn and the famous Moray Firth Dolphins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Newton Muthu Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newton Hotel And Highland Nairn
- Newton Hotel Nairn
- Newton Muthu Hotel Nairn, Scotland