Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
£91
Pat B
Munthu Newton Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Jan 2024
The hotel is an old castle/manor home with so much character. Our rooms turned out to be a suite with 2 bedrooms and a living room. The staff was exceptionally helpful. They even have 3 Highland Cows in the front pasture. The only so-called downside is that the restaurant was average.
Date of stay: October 2023Trip type: Travelled with family
0.6 miles from Muthu Newton Hotel
0.7 miles from Muthu Newton Hotel
View more hotels in Nairn
1,249 results
All reviews highland cows charlie chaplin cream tea executive room beautiful hotel tour of scotland dining room a bit tired large bathroom waiting staff porridge golf course both nights steak moray firth chaplins coos
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 December 2023

AVOID MUTHU NEWTON HOTEL IN NAIRN

Oh well no hope of my money coming in before Christmas from the hotel 😡 Absolutely devastated that they have done this to me and left me having to borrow money off people to get the stuff I needed for the kids Christmas. Muthu Newton Hotel I am beyond disgusted that a member of your staff stole my £1000 of Christmas vouchers and aren't doing the decent thing and even trying to help someone out so close to Christmas. Nearly 7 weeks ago I called regarding them being in the hotel room and 2 days later I was told a member of staff found them but now they are missing.

I would highly recommend telling all your friends and family to avoid staying here due to their lack of care towards a guest that has been left in debt with family just to be able to get stuff for my kids Christmas when I saved up all year to get those vouchers to make it a bit easier for us this year.

I've been let down over and over again by this company so I will 100% be avoiding staying here ever again. I feel so bad for the general manager in nairn as he has tried his best to get this sorted and unfortunately he is being let down also due to this matter.

I WILL be going to the papers regarding this and I WILL be taking use to court over this as you have ruined my Christmas this year and not only mine but my kids aswell as they have had to sit and listen to me getting mad and upset, watching me cry and giving me hugs to try make me feel better. I'm so thankful I have the family I do that helped me when I needed it or I'd of been watching my kids wake up on christmas morning with next to nothing :(

Date of stay: November 2023
Reviewed 23 December 2023

Friend left £1000 worth of Christmas vouchers in her room!
Staff confirmed they have got the vouchers and are at reception for her to collect!
When she arrived they have gone!!

Police involved! Avoid at all cost or you'll end up robbed!!

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2023 via mobile

Very swanky and a bit off our route but well worth the extra drive. Our room was massive and beautifully decorated. From the plaid carpet to the large TV and huge bathroom, it was perfect. The dining room for supper and breakfast was gorgeous and the food delicious. Set in rolling countryside, the Newton is a renovated former mansion and family home. Frequented by the likes of Charlie Chaplin, the hotel is a charming mix of old, Art Deco and new furnishings and lighting. You can just imagine the stories and lives that unfolded here through the years.

Date of stay: September 2023
Reviewed 2 November 2023

Booked for daughter's wedding. Beautiful hotel, lovely grounds and location. All guests have commented on great rooms, food and service. Staff extremely helpful. Recommend very highly, probably the best hotel in the area. Will definitely be returning.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Murray McPhee, General Manager at Muthu Newton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2024

Thank you very much for your kind review. Delighted you enjoyed your time at the hotel. have passed your feedback to the team.

Best Wishes
Murray McPhee

Reviewed 8 October 2023 via mobile

We stayed over one night on a touring holiday around Scotland a beautiful old hotel with charming character a lovely bedroom with nice views this hotel is lovely and clean staff very friendly we had breakfast with was lovely lots of choices to be had large carpark I recommend a visit here it’s very peaceful but very close to lots of places

Date of stay: October 2023
1  Thank B4800GD

Apologises for late reply. Thank you for your kind feedback and delighted you enjoyed staying with us.

Kind regards