“great B and B. We always stay here when we are golfing at Nairn.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nairn
Duchally Guest House
Ranked #29 of 38 Nairn B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“great B and B. We always stay here when we are golfing at Nairn.”
Reviewed 13 January 2011

Fantastic house and attentive service. Room was very comfortable and we both enjoyed Philip's stories at breakfast :-)

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DWilson57

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2010

We needed somewhere to stay and Mrs Wallace was generous enough to open just for us as most of the places all told us they were closed for the festive season.

The welcome could not have been more friendly and now over three years late my sons are still talking about the stay we had.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank essarjay
Aberdeenshire
Reviewed 27 October 2009

Duchally guest house is in a very grand old house near the centre of Nairn. Car parking is plenteous and the guest house is easily located from the main road (the A96).

I was staying in a large room; I suspect that this was the family room. The ensuite facilities were good and the shower was excellent.

On the downside, the decor wasn't particularly up to date and the room was a little on the cold front. Perhaps the heating could have been cranked up a bit before I arrived. Cleanliness was adequate but could have been improved.

Breakfast was good and served quickly and efficiently. The dining room wasn't exactly warm though.

There were some aspects of the house that were slightly bizarre though, notably the lack of security and the walls being adorned with ancient weaponry!

All in all a more than reasonable if unconventional guest house.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Ontario
Reviewed 3 September 2009

I am very unimpressed with this b&b.
I had booked a room months in advance for a week long stay. When I arrived the lady who answered the door was very short with me and then proceeded to tell me I would have to take the room across the hall from the very noisy laundry room and kitchen.
The room and house were nothing special.

I dropped my bag off left for about 20 minutes and cancelled my room with this place instead slept at a friends house. They didn't seem to care or even question why I wouldn't want to be there.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank hairycow
glasgow
Reviewed 7 March 2008

I stayed over for two nights with my wife and two kids (12 & 13). we stayed in a family room (big bed, tv, bunk bed, en suite), It was clean and tidy and had all we needed. Plus we could use the guest lounge. Staff were very welcoming and friendly. And the breakfast massive, didn't need lunch! All for £60 per night for all 4 of us (winter rate).
I'm about to book an overnight in Nairn again. I'll book the Duchally, that's the acid test I guess.
TP

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — not much not to like
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank timpower
Washington D.C
Reviewed 9 August 2007

We loved this place. The owners were so lovely to my husband and I. We arrived very late from the USA, and they treated us like family.

The rooms are large, the beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are just lovely. The food is awesome! Scottish breakfasts? I wish we had those back home in USA.

In short, after traveling all the way from D.C to Scotland....we couldn't have found a better place to stay.

My husband and I loved it so much, that we are returning to Scotland next year, and will be staying at the place we hope to be calling "our secret place in Europe"!

10/10.....and the price was good too!

• Liked — The staff were great! It felt like a home from home.
  • Disliked — The only thing I didn't like, is that I had to go all the way to scotland to find such an amazing place.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank AndreaLee7
washington dc
Reviewed 15 July 2007

Room was large, bathroom had good water pressure and lots of hot water, owners very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean. But beds were very uncomfortable (all springs, no padding - ouch) and the town is infested with very loud and noisy seagulls that are on every rooftop. The rooms are a bit warm but you can't have the windows open at night because of the noise of the birds will keep you awake. Location was good - just a block away from shops and places to eat - and it wasn't as expensive as other B&Bs but a bad nights sleep negates all of that for me.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family