All reviews sea view bandstand restaurant beer festival single room great bar street parking comfortable room would stay again moray firth short stay steak evening meal lovely view inverness airport cooked breakfast full scottish breakfast dining room
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

I’m currently in room 6 which is extremely small & unfortunately situated directly above a bar where live music is currently playing, the walls are literally shaking with the noise.
I’ve travelled a long way today & very tired, sadly though it seems unlikely I’ll be getting to sleep anytime soon.
Bitterly disappointed.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2018

I treated the girls to dinner in the Braeval hotel in Nairn as we were in the area. There are two entrances to the Braeval and the girls I was accompanying picked the door that takes you through the bar area. This bar gas a great selection of international and local beers. Clientele seemed friendly enough but they do let anybody in. I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted two Ayr Utd fans in the corner wearing really horrible football shirts of their team.
The young restaurant staff were quick to get us greeted and seated ( I've copyrighted that expression ) and sorted with drinks and menus . All five of us were delighted with our meals of duck, steak, something else , duck and steak pie. My choice was controversial as I had steak pie in shortcrust pastry . In Scotland , until last year , it was illegal to serve steak pie without puff pastry and secret " shorty" clubs were rife in the Hebrides. Thankfully I was within the law this time and it was delicious and does not make me any less Scottish. My guests were delighted with their choice of dishes too.
On leaving the bar I recommended to the manager that Ayr Utd tops should be banned from the pub. There is only so much bad taste in clothes that diners should tolerate...even though they were nice chaps.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with beds
Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
MHMHolding, Owner at Braeval Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thank you for your delightful review, which made me laugh and lightened my day. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Arrived here for the second night of our motorbike tour in Scotland and were a little disconcerted to realise there was no car park. We parked in the small street behind the hotel and were advised that we could bring the bikes onto the decking (pub area) at the back but decided to leave the where they were (wasn't confident I'd fit mine with panniers on through the entrance).
Again made very welcome and shown to our rooms and found I'd got the room with a very nice sea view. A comfortable room with an effective shower and despite being next to the road I wasn't at all disturbed at night.
A very good range of craft beers available and we manged to sample a few of these then proceeded to enjoy a very nice dinner, served by charming and friendly staff.
An enjoyable breakfast the next morning was served before we headed off again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2018

This hotel is the best in Nairn the rooms are clean and as for staff they can’t do enough for you their Moro if you want something then just ask they will sort it for you and the owners are very welcoming to every guest that comes in the bar and to drink or have a good meal l thank you and all your for a wonderfull stay and I will be back many thanks RH

Room Tip: great room slept like a log
Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for such high praise. It's very kind of you and makes all oiur efforts worthwhile. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

My stay was absolutely fantastic - room was clean and cosy, staff very friendly and helpful and breakfast really good. Also the location is fantastic - just few steps from the beach. My room was single, but there was plenty of room and fittings making it very spacious and handy - would be great for longer stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

What wonderful comments! Thank you so much, we really do appreciate this.