“Not impressed”

Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Alness
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Wasn't very impressed. Cheap tasting, greasy burger and slow service. My partner likes the kebabs there though.

3  Thank Jenna421
There are newer reviews for Cafe Picante

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Went for breakfast with a friend one Sunday morning. First impressions are everything and thought this wasn't going to be good, my friend persuaded me to stay.

Sat down at a table with a cheap sticky plastic table cloth. We both went for a full breakfast and I was very disappointed. The food was greasy and over cooked and tasteless.

I went to the lady's room to find the toilet unclean and opted to wait until we went shopping at Morrisons.

On a positive note, the waitress was lovely.. My friend and I both agreed this place wasn't for us, we paid and left.

On a side note: morrisons toilets were clean.

1  Thank Miss_Macleod
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Says it does Scottish food, but was more Kebabs and Pizzas'

I had soup and a sandwich which was . . . . . . . acceptable

Place was cold and uninviting, I wouldn't rush back

2  Thank Highlander818
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Not in the area often but when I am I try to eat at the Picante. This is not a restaurant but a café. It looks like a café and is unpretentious. The café is clean and you can see the food, which is well priced, prepared over the counter. The coffee is pretty good too. Combine that with quick service and it's a no brainer.

4  Thank Ronnie L
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Very consistent, food good. Pizzas excellent. 100%
Friendly staff, clean restaurant
Have ordered takeaway, on time always.....
Would recommend..... Never let down......
Very popular in Alness by word of mouth, wish more people would write reviews!!

4  Thank Samantha R