“Outstanding Staff With the Cleanliness to Match”

Holiday Inn Express Greenock
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenock
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Staff With the Cleanliness to Match”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We have stayed at the holiday Inn Express on four separate occasions we are always greeted with a warm smile from the reception staff, The last time we stayed the general manager happened to be at reception he briefly chatted with me and my wife asking how Christmas and New Year went the warm welcome always makes the difference at check in.
This occasion we were allocated a newly refurbished bedroom the cleanliness was impeccable but if you are wandering around the hotel in the public areas you will find that this is the way the whole hotel is unbelievably clean and well presented!
Me and my wife have a family gathering in the near future and we will MOST definitely be bringing our family here 10/10 Staff 10/10 Cleanliness.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Good Day
Thank you for your positive feedback and the nice comments you have taken the time to post. It is always great to get this type of feedback. I will ensure that I pass your comments onto the team.

Regards and Thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I have traveled and stayed in hotels all over the world but the Holiday inn express Greenock is by far one of the best. The staff all the way up to the manager are fantastic and extremely friendly. The hotel is very clean and the service is second to none. I wish holiday inn could could use Greenock as a template for all of its hotels.

• Stayed December 2012

bute
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We arrived at the hotel around 6pm. We enquired what time the bar opened as we had arranged to meet friends there and were told it was already open, we thought this a bit odd as the bar/lounge was in darkness. We headed up to our room which was on the 3rd floor (room 312). When we entered our room the smell of cigarette smoke was really strong, especially in the bathroom. It was so bad that the towels actually smelled of it. When we brought it to the attention of the receptionist she offered us an air freshener! Having read previous reviews we were expecting a better standard of accommodation. It may be that some of the rooms have been refurbished but ours certainly wasn't one of those. The toilet had a huge crack in it and the bathroom was generally a bit run down. There were three of us in the room but only two cups were provided.
In its favour I have to say that the bed was comfortable. However on the whole I was disappointed with this particular Holiday Inn Express and next time will try the nearby Premier Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Good Day
I am sorry to see that the hotel did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. We strive to ensure that we deliver a great guest experience and that we use the feedback from guest as a learning tool as we strive to ensure customer satisfaction.
Thank you for giving us your feedback and for taking the time to do so, We will learn for your feedback and ensure that all aspects of your feedback are addressed and improved. As we strive to achieve a continued cycle of improvements that guest feedback allows us to achieve

We will also ensure that the Housekeeping department are aware of your feedback and we reduce the smell as much as possible.

Regards

smallfield
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.Very good location 5mins walk to Greenock Central Station. There is a bus stop close to the hotel which takes you into Glasgow in about 45mins. My room was clean and a good size, very comfy bed, tea and coffee making facilities There was no bath but I had a large shower room but I do like a bath to soak in. I was on the ground floor it was a bit noisey with doors banging Breakfast was included in the room cost( £57 a night) it was a buffet style with cereal, fruit, yogurt, toast, coffee and juice. There was scrambled eggs and sausage but they didn't look to appertizing. Staff were friendly and helpfull they only moan I have I ran out of coffee in my room and the maid didn't put any more in. I could have went to reception but I was staying here due to a death in the family and couldn't be bothered. I would stay here again but not on the ground floor

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo

Ellon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2012

My wife and I recently spent a few a days in Greenock staying at the Holiday In Express on the site of the former Scotts Shipbuilding Yard where I spent seven years of my life> Having stayed there before I was pleased to see the standard remains high and the staff efficient and helpful. The rooms are clean as are the public areas. The breakfast was as always, very enjoyable. However, the toasters should maybe be put into thee museum....time to replace guys! I strongly recommend the hotel. Clean, ideally situated with efficient and friendly staff.

Room Tip: The rear facing rooms can suffer from the fan noise but not a major problem. Didint stop me sleeping...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Good Day

Thank you for such positive feedback, I always ensure that my team are aware of the commenets and feeling of our guest, I am pleased that we have managed to make your stay a great experience.

I hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express, Greenock very soon

Thanks and Regards
Larvik, Vestfold, Norway
Reviewed 23 November 2012

As our daughter moved to Scotland from Norway to work, we had to visit her to see she is ok. My husband followed her and told a lot of you when he arrived home again. Our daughter stayed at your hotel before she got her own appartment, and you were all very helpful. When I came together with my husband, you asked for our daughter and you were so kind and helpful during our stay. We almost felt like home. You were very helpful and smiled and said hello every time we passed by. We stayed for 4 nights and slept wonderful in your clean rooms. When we visit Greenock early next year, we will stay at Holiday Inn again. Thank yuo so much everybody. :)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Good Morning

Thank you for your feedback and postive comments, it is always nice to hear the the team are getting it right and that the guest give us positive feedback to drive us on and understand that what we do daily is noticed by our guests

With Thanks
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We booked a family room at the cost of just under £55. We were a party of 2 adults and 2 teenagers. Upon arrival we were made welcome and swiftly booked in. Our room was perfect for our requirements for a 1 night stay, with a double bed and a sofa bed (already made up) and the usual tea making facilities and television.
Before going out we had a drink in the bar, which I found to be a bit expensive however we were able to get the kids drinks from the vending machine and we were supplied glasses for these. The staff were helpful and efficient. The bar area itself was comfortable and welcoming.

We slept well on our return to the hotel although my daughter did complain that the sofa bed was a little bit uncomfortable.

Breakfast was a bonus as comes included in the room rate and we were pleasantly surprised and all enjoyed a good breakfast before checking out.

The hotel is spotless and any staff we came across all said hello and were friendly, we would defiantely book this hotel again when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Good Day

Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us and for giving us positive feedback, which is always nice. I have also taken into account the rest of your feedback and will strive to ensure that your commenets are actioned and changes made were possible, Maybe see if we can do anything with regard to the comfort of the sofa bed.

Thank you and hopefully see you back at the Holiday Inn Express, Greenock on your next visit to the area

Regards

Mr Colin Moore
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenock
The Bay Hotel
Hunters Quay Hotel
Hunters Quay Hotel
#1 of 11 in Dunoon
Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenock? Share your experiences!