“EXCELLENT PLACE TO STAY”

Holiday Inn Express Greenock
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenock
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed here last year for a week the staff were friendly and very helpful, as my husband is disabled we were put opposite the lift which was very convienient for us , very close to ammenites, rooms were spotless great choice of breakfast hope to stay again this year,in october .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Good Day
Thank you for your positive feedback and the nice comments you have taken the time to post. It is always great to get this type of feedback. I will ensure that I pass your comments onto the team.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Checked in at 230PM - no welcome and was given the keys but found our second room wasn't clean yet. Back to the front desk and instead of apologizing she claimed she didn't have the power to change room types ( I never asked her to) She said I had made the reservation with Holiday Inn and couldn't give me another room??Still confused I said can you give me a lower grade room as I just needed one bed. Then she contacted housekeeping to clean the room beside the first one. Which is what I wanted in the first place and had indicated in the "notes" section. A complete lack of customer service. Sink also blocked in room and hair dryer didn't work.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Neil T,

We value and appreciate your feedback. We are constantly striving to provide our guests with the highest level of service that they have come to expect from our hotel and I regret that we have failed to deliver. I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us due to the level of staff service encountered. Rest assure your comments are valued and aid in the improvement of our services.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you'll give us another chance next time you're in town.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed here for one night as we were attending a wedding in Greenock. We didn't spend that much time in the hotel as it was just a place to sleep. From that point of view, it was good value - breakfast was included and it has free parking. Plus, the check-in was smooth (I had booked multiple rooms for myself & others online) and staff courteous & friendly. The reason I've given it only 3 stars though is because the bed in my room was extremely uncomfortable so I got next to no sleep and the breakfast wasn't great. Lots of choice of cereals etc but very little cooked and I think they used powdered egg which was pretty vile. If I had to stay in Greenock again, I would think twice about this hotel just because of the bed as having no sleep completely ruined the next day for me.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Dear Baboid,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our rooms and parking arrangement.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the breakfast selection which was unacceptable. We will address this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 August 2013

DAY 2 & 3 OF MY SCOTTISH TOUR

I have stayed at this hotel and it didn't disappoint.

We arrived early evening following a day in Glasgow and this hotel is perfect for visiting the city, which is roughly 25 minutes away by car and easy to reach by train. The hotel has a large car park and doesn't cost anything.

The room was large and comfortable with a double bed, desk area and television with freeview. The bathroom only had a shower, a very big shower which could easily have fitted a bath. If you don't have your own shower gel don't worry, it is provided for you.

A buffet breakfast was included in the price and was very good. Hot food consisted of sausage, scrambled egg and beans, while toast, muffins, yoghurts and cereal was also available along with a large choice of hot and cold drinks.

This is a great hotel with very friendly and helpful staff.

If you have any questions about this hotel please don't hesitate to send me a message or Tweet me @ows87

Room Tip: If you want a bath ask for a room that comes with one.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We have stayed at many hotels and based on that experience we can say the this hotel is excellent.Very clean rooms, well fitted out.Polite staff good quality food at a reasonable price.We booked two rooms one for ourselves and one for our teenage children both rooms were clean and well kept. If we stay in Greenock again this would be our first choice of hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Mr Colin Moore

Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband & I stayed here to be close to relatives. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very enjoyable each morning. Staff were very helpful with all our needs, and I would definitely stay here again. Centrally located for us with a car to get to the Highlands for a few days, Glasgow, Edinburgh and family. Wi Fi is good in reception. We actually stayed here twice during our two weeks on the second part of the stay our room was on the first floor and Wi Fi worked well there too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Our room was as in the TripAdvisor picture. Comfortable, clean and quiet. It is a little distance away from any real attraction and we drove several miles to Gourock's excellent Cafe Continental for dinner.
The hotel was quite full and free-running children did distract from an otherwise well-ordered reception and entry area.
Breakfast was the let-down. Like a motorway service area. A "full Scottish breakfast" customer may have been pleased but those seeking a light breakfast would have been very disappointed both in terms of produce available (no muesli?) and quality (sliced and very doughy oven-cooked white rolls and range of fruit and yoghurt).

Room Tip: Garden facing rooms can be quieter - but finding quiet neighbours is more the key to a good nights s...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Good Day

The town center of Greenock is minutes walking distance from the hotel, The amenities which this area supplies are both varied and popular. There are many Bars and restaurants with in walking distance of the hotel which cater from all types of experiences

Gourock is 3 miles away from the hotel and offers a smaller range of amenities as it is a smaller town, perhaps on your next visit to Greenock you can experience what the town has to offer and I am sure you will not be disappointed

As a limited service hotel we offer a continental breakfast with cooked items for our guest that is included in the price of your stay. To offer a full Scottish breakfast at the hotel would result in a cost to the guest and an increase in the rate of stay.

We strive to ensure that we remain the best option in the market for our customer and remain popular with our offering and product,

Thank you for your feedback and I have taken your comments regarding breakfast on board

Regards and Thanks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenock
Premier Inn Greenock Hotel
The Spinnaker Hotel
The Spinnaker Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gourock
Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenock? Share your experiences!