“Great staff”

Holiday Inn Express Greenock
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenock
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Thing that makes this hotel very good is the hard working staff ,we had a large family gathering staying 3 nights here and not for the first time the staff here were going out of their way to make our stay most enjoyable even though we were quite loud at times lol ,,clean rooms,,comfy bed,,good shower,,the only thing that lets this hotel down is the cost of bar drinks compared to other local bars ,,,we will stay here again and would recommend to others ,,,thanks again especially to young George and the other great staff..

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank james m
Mr_Colin_Moore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Good Day
Thank you for your positive feedback and the nice comments you have taken the time to post. It is always great to get this type of feedback. I will ensure that I pass your comments onto the team.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We got a very good overnight deal. The reception was in the 'dour' category.
The room was very clean and quiet.
The food was very expensive so it was a walk into the town, along with a lot of other guests. They need to learn from this. Nobody eating in the place means there are other places offering a competitive option.
The breakfast was, as a previous reviewer put it, just like a motorway café. Pretty awful.
My other observation may seem petty, but why are dining room staff at breakfast wearing polo shirts? It makes them look so cheap when in fact they were doing an excellent job. One gentleman was so polite. He needed to be done the good service of a proper uniform....instead of something worn by folk at motorway service station. This is, after all, an hotel - an expensive one too when you can't get a deal.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Day
I am sorry to see that the hotel did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. We strive to ensure that we deliver a great guest experience and that we use the feedback from guest as a learning tool as we strive to ensure customer satisfaction.
Thank you for giving us your feedback and for taking the time to do so, We will learn for your feedback and ensure that all aspects of your feedback are addressed and improved. As we strive to achieve a continued cycle of improvements that guest feedback allows us to achieve

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

We don't normally spend a long time in our hotel room but the weather was poor and we needed to make an unexpected use of the wifi.a great bonus as it was free. Breakfast was good enough and better value than our next hotel in Oban.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We had a pleasant 2 night stay here. Staff are very friendly. Hotel rooms are spacious and very clean. Buffet breakfast was included which made this great value for out stay. One slight negative point is that they still have smoking rooms in the top floor, where our room was, and we could smell smoke from the rooms next door. We could not understand why they still allow smoking indoors.

Room Tip: Be careful of the smoking rooms!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed here last year for a week the staff were friendly and very helpful, as my husband is disabled we were put opposite the lift which was very convienient for us , very close to ammenites, rooms were spotless great choice of breakfast hope to stay again this year,in october .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Checked in at 230PM - no welcome and was given the keys but found our second room wasn't clean yet. Back to the front desk and instead of apologizing she claimed she didn't have the power to change room types ( I never asked her to) She said I had made the reservation with Holiday Inn and couldn't give me another room??Still confused I said can you give me a lower grade room as I just needed one bed. Then she contacted housekeeping to clean the room beside the first one. Which is what I wanted in the first place and had indicated in the "notes" section. A complete lack of customer service. Sink also blocked in room and hair dryer didn't work.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Neil T,

We value and appreciate your feedback. We are constantly striving to provide our guests with the highest level of service that they have come to expect from our hotel and I regret that we have failed to deliver. I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us due to the level of staff service encountered. Rest assure your comments are valued and aid in the improvement of our services.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you'll give us another chance next time you're in town.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed here for one night as we were attending a wedding in Greenock. We didn't spend that much time in the hotel as it was just a place to sleep. From that point of view, it was good value - breakfast was included and it has free parking. Plus, the check-in was smooth (I had booked multiple rooms for myself & others online) and staff courteous & friendly. The reason I've given it only 3 stars though is because the bed in my room was extremely uncomfortable so I got next to no sleep and the breakfast wasn't great. Lots of choice of cereals etc but very little cooked and I think they used powdered egg which was pretty vile. If I had to stay in Greenock again, I would think twice about this hotel just because of the bed as having no sleep completely ruined the next day for me.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Dear Baboid,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our rooms and parking arrangement.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the breakfast selection which was unacceptable. We will address this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenock
Premier Inn Greenock Hotel
The Spinnaker Hotel
The Spinnaker Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gourock
Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenock? Share your experiences!