Lowest prices for your stay
£102
Hotels.com
£104
Fully refundable before Sat, 27 Apr
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews lovely hotel wedding reception steak pie two nights staff were very friendly bar restaurant family members stayed for one night town centre yogurt function funeral scotland dunoon
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2023

Not as bas as some have reported, in fact as a three star hotel with lots of history to the main building and added bedroom block a standard three star hotel. Arrived very late due to BA, 1.50am so no first impression on arrival. Bedroom acceptable three star, comfy bed excellent newish bathroom with good shower...only thing missing a shaving mirror
The much maligned by others breakfast was again acceptable; mostly self service...make your own toast, tea/coffee through waiting staff. Fried eggs on buffet ...dried up egg, but replaced when pointed out and my request for scrambled eggs...not a problem and when I added sausage and black pudding what more do want to starrt a driech day in Scotland
Went to funeral and returned for wake ....excellent Scottish spread 6" sausage rolls full of sausage, sandwiches scones and cakes
I found staff friendly and ahppy to serve you and give you literature on the history of the original house
All for £105.00; on a Monday night on a business week value for money.....the only let down on th visit BA's lack of communication with passengers.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2023

Was gifted "afternoon tea" for 3 - £33
Finger sandwiches, ( no wraps as on gift card) 3 scones and a few cakes. 2 pots of tea and was told wld have to pay extra for a latte!
Value for money? No. Came out needing a heat in the car and having to rush home as severely upset stomach. Would I recommend ? Been once, ripped off, never again.

Room tip: Have a meal instead of afternoon tea! Totally starving and poor value
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Z9950SAallisonb
Reviewed 15 August 2023 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights when in the area. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The whole hotel seemed very clean and well taken care of. The room was bright, clean and comfortable. I was able to park on the street directly outside the hotel. The hotel had an event on the Saturday evening but the staff were able to accommodate me to have a meal which was delicious, I would highly recommend an evening meal. Breakfast can be added and they had everything that you would expect for breakfast choices from cold to hot choice. The hot food was a help your self selection.
I would definitely return

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2023

Very poor hotel bed very uncomfortable. My son and his partner slept in a bed that was extremely unacceptable. Did not sleep well. Breakfast was cold and really not up to standard. Girls were talking in breakfast room and did not take any notice of anybody at the tables was given a cup of coffee and a dirty cup. When asked for topping up a cup of coffee. The girl didn’t know what she was doing Went into the bathroom on arrival and the bathroom was filthy I can’t poo poo on the toilet bathroom is filthy is enough the toilet had a deposit in it we asked for it to be cleaned which was done immediately. The girl only used a cloth to clean it off. Did not use any kind of bleach or anything to kill bacteria. Blind in my sons room was filthy and broken window in my room was broken and not able to be closed not enough couldn’t sit in the bar at night and have a drink due to very loud noise in the other balls trying to sleep at night and very extremely loud noises and people talking would return to this property if it did go through a major re-Ferb of bedrooms and facilities, extremely not necessary for the price but does need an improved

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Eileen C
Reviewed 27 July 2023

The good: Nice quaint location in a historical building. I loved the ambience and there is a story board on the way down to the downstairs bar. Staff is very friendly. The room was very spacious. Location was great for my visit.

it looks like its the place to have wedding receptions in town because I experienced one... so much so that I was invited in.

The bad: Its time for a refresh... there are signs of 'tiredness' all over the hotel. Bathroom had a cracked and uplifted tile by the door, the light over the mirror didn't work & was exposed. Threadbare carpet in places.

The mattress was horrible and needs to be replaced... I didn't sleep well until I yanked the mattress to the floor.

There is no air con, so I had to open the windows which worked fine, however, the challenge is that room 7 is directly above the entrance and the street, so you have traffic noise all night long AND its right above the smokers, so you get that wonderful aroma wafting in AND of course those folks often have their conversations at all hours of the night... you might even hear some very passionate and loud arguments at 1:30.

Date of stay: July 2023