“Good food and service, but could be more family friendly.”
Review of The Exchange

The Exchange
Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in Greenock
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary, British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Exchange serves food daily from 10am. We have everything from full scottish breakfast to 10oz fillet steaks on our menu. We are proud to announce that all our dishes are prepared using fresh local produce, we dont believe in frozen food!!We have live music every Friday and Saturday night from 9.30pm and we have a quiz on every Thursday evening from 10pm. We welcome customers for both food and drinks and we have a delicious cocktail menu which we are constantly updating.
Renfrewshire, United Kingdom
“Good food and service, but could be more family friendly.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Not been disappointed with food or service and have visited a few times. My only moan about the place is that I am a very private person when eating, and when we've visited as a family, we've always been ushered to an open table, rather than a more private booth, were told it was because we had a baby with us?! We have left because of this, as have a few of our friends. Need to be more accommodating with families - they need their privacy too!

Visited July 2014
4 Thank RPSCND

Gourock
“Most Enjoyable”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Visited this restaurant for lunch and was very pleasantly surprised at the extensive menu. I had a steak wrap which came with soup or fries, coleslaw and salad for under £6. It was delicious. The other meals around me looked very appetising too. Will definitely go back.

• Visited June 2014
Greenock, United Kingdom
“McCluskey nite oot”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

It was a delightful meal my favourite thing was the pizza and fries and i loved my mocktail in a giant glass. from David age 7

greenock
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went here a few weeks ago for Sunday lunch after hearing good reviews from friends, the lentil soup was overloaded with salt, could have made a better pot of soup with a stock cube, the roast beef was dried out and tough with very little taste resembling beef, roast potatoes were inedible, was looking forward to having a meal here, suffice to say I wont be back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank delbhoy61
Cruden H, General Manager at The Exchange, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Good Evening,

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to apologize that you did not enjoy your meal whilst dining with us. We pride ourselves on providing fresh, homemade food at reasonable prices and this is why we always check our tables back to ensure all our customers are enjoying their food.

I am sure you can appreciate if you had said at this point we would have been more than happy to offer you something else from the menu and this would have given us the opportunity to rectify the situation but unfortunately when customers wait until leaving the restaurant and write a poor review it is very difficult for us the resolve the problem, I hope you can understand where we are coming from on this.

I would once again like to apologize and if you do decide to return to the exchange I hope you find your meal enjoyable.

Kind Regards
Kirsty Beckett
London, United Kingdom
“Good”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Nice atmosphere , service is ok , food is also fine. Bar scene is nice. Could be more good, easy to find

Visited May 2014