“I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE EATEN HERE!”
Review of Jade Palace

Jade Palace
Ranked #37 of 65 Restaurants in Greenock
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE EATEN HERE!”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We have eaten here so many times in the last 5 years we should really have a season ticket.!!
It has changed hands many times but I really think this new management is the best.
There is one other good buffet in Greenock, but this one has the most choice. really good starters and soup. nice choice of bread. A serious amount of choice of main courses, and the puddings are brilliant. the best is the big home made apple pie and custard, never mind all the gateaus, cakes, profiteroles, ice creams, beautiful fruit salad (not from tins) and as much cream as you want.
This place is so good it is probably heart attack on a plate. But we love it !! and so does everyone I know.
Oh.............and it is so cheap. I always wonder how they can possibly make a profit on what they charge. 10/10 brilliant.

• Visited November 2013

Gourock, United Kingdom
“yum yum yum”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

what a hidden gem this was - surprisingly spacious restaurant behind the door. Had a buffet meal with lots of lovely yummy food, very friendly and attentive staff, convivial atmosphere - very enjoyable!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Valerie W
Dunoon, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable food, reasonable price for lunch”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We visit this Chinese buffet restaurant on a fairly regular basis (the last visit was this afternoon). It has a nicely decorated modern dining room, it is clean and the staff are pleasant. The food isn't top class Chinese food, but what they do have on offer is tasty. The staff try and rotate the food often, removing food that has been sitting around for a while and replacing it with fresh stuff.

In the years that we have been visiting the menu hasn't changed much and the menu is fairly small which are my only real complaints. They have added a few Thai curries, the red curry being the only one I like but I'm not a huge fan of Thai food. The chicken curry is lovely, as are the special noodles. The kids love the dessert menu obviously, profiteroles, cheesecake and gateau, what's not to love in the mind of a child.

If you visit when they have their lunch menu on I think it is £8 for adults and £5 for children. I did make the mistake once going there when it was 5 minutes past the lunch service and was charged dinner rates and to be honest I didn't think it was worth it but that was my own fault for not checking the time.

£7.80 for three pints of coke. A bit expensive but probably the norm for a buffet restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank BeakerMeep
Perth, United Kingdom
“average buffet”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Was not the biggest buffet selection I have saw but the produce there was ok. Staff were helpful and attentative. Possibly a little bit expensive at £11.50 each for the selection available. Easy enough to find and the one bonus was that it was very clean.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Scott G
Greenock, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Decent food, for a decent price”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Always best to phone in advance for a group booking - the staff are generally very accommodating and very pleasant.

There is usually plenty on offer in the buffet line and a wide variety to choose from. Like any buffet place, the food can dry up a little if left out too long but I find the food pretty nice in Jade Palace.

• Visited May 2013