“Family meal”

Ranked #8 of 69 Restaurants in Greenock
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family owned and run Italian cafe/restaurant with take-away service. Serving stone-baked homemade pizzas, steaks, panini, baguettes, pasta, salads, burgers, daily specials. Open 7 days, we look forward to giving you a warm welcome. A presto!
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We visited for a family meal, and the menu suited everyone from teenagers to grandparents. Staff were very attentive and friendly. Food was well presented and fresh. There is a 'special' menu at £10.95 for 2 courses/£13.95 for 3 courses (5pm - 7pm), which changes weekly. Some of our party chose from that while others chose from the a la carte menu & there was no difference in the portion sizes or quality.
The restaurant is at the back of the premises and much bigger than it looks from outside. There is a good amount of space between tables, and decor is lovely.
A nice touch was that staff made a point of welcoming diners and saying good-bye and thank-you as you leave (just a little thing, but a nice touch). We will certainly recommend this place, and can see why it has been running for so long (since 1908 according to their website). Keep doing what you're doing!

1  Thank LIndaC548

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Nice inside , good Italian , staff is nice , but have parking problem but it's not big issue if u really want to go

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Good Italian food, good service, good atmosphere, good prices. Perfect for a dinner for two or a family get together. A nice place to share a bite to eat have a glass of wine and a chat.

1  Thank Eatout2nite
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Had a meal here pre theatre. The restaurant was quiet early on a Sunday. It suffers from lack of parking nearbye. I think if this lovely Italian were in Gourock it would be busy day and night. I ordered a pizza margherita and bought extra toppings. I would have liked a few more mushrooms and olives but the pizza was delicious and I agree Arlecchino does the best chips for miles around. My sister said her spag bol was fabulous too. I always find the waiters friendly and attentive and the management make a point of welcoming you and saying goodbye.I would use the takeaway more often but parking in the town centre is a nightmare. Highly recommend the restaurant and takeaway.

1  Thank annebryceland
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This was my first visit to Arrlechino’s in at least 5 years. The last time I went I remember being impressed with the size and décor of the restaurant, as you wouldn’t expect it to be so large from outside. However I wasn’t impressed by the food. I had pasta and the sauce tasted very similar to Heinz macaroni. Euch! My partner had a mixed grill and was far from amused to have liver amongst it. Fast forward several years to my return visit and I had a much better experience.

First of all the service was great, our waiter was very friendly and helpful. The menu has a good choice, lots of pasta and pizza options but also a variety of other dishes. I liked that they have the full menu available online, along with their drinks menu. Also the décor remains very pleasing.

The pizzas were perhaps a little smaller than I imagined, but my friend enjoyed hers and had room for pudding, so maybe just aswell it wasn’t any bigger! All food was much enjoyed with no complaints from anyone.

The practice seems to be that you pay at the cashdesk when leaving instead of having a bill brought to you which stood out to me as it’s not the norm. Just means you have to try and divide it amongst your party away from the comfort of your own table. Make it easy – go with someone who is treating you so no math on your way out is required!

We were the youngest ones there by quite a few years which was quite novel for us when eating out. There are obviously a lot of regulars here. Maybe the older crowd explains the presence of liver in a mixed grill!

All in all we had a good meal and night out here and would happily return. Next time for lunch so I can get a chicken pesto toastie!

1  Thank hungryholidays