“Great Staff and Good Food”

Premier Inn Greenock Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Greenock
Warminster, England, United Kingdom
“Great Staff and Good Food”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had stayed in about 5 hotels over a week holidaying in Scotland and this was definitely in the top 1/3. The rooms were clean, spacious and beds very comfy. The food was great and the staff could not be more helpful, especially the lady at breakfast. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Heidi M
BERNADETTE_D0CHERTY, Manager at Premier Inn Greenock Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and staff, and I will make sure the breakfast lady is given a copy of your review. I'm glad we were able to contribute to the success of your Scottish holiday and hope we may see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
South Coast
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Great location with views over the River Clyde to the hills beyond. I was contacted to say that building work would be in progress during our stay. As a result when the builders were absent there was no noise from guests above and hence a good nights sleep. The hotel staff were unfailingly pleasant and I have never before met a more helpful team. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic, other meals were adequate but could be improved although service was excellent. If you need to stay in the area this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a river facing room if possible although the restaurant has the same views so don't worr...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DrWideboy
We do our best to ensure that refurbishment does not detract from our guests' experience and I am pleased that this was the case for you, and that you also found the staff pleasant and helpful - we make every effort to make our guests feel welcome. I am sorry though that you were disppointed by the meals in our adjoining restaurant and I will certainly pass on your comments to our restaurant manager.

Thank you for your final recommendation of Greenock Premier Inn as the place to stay in this area, and I hope we may see you again if you are travelling this way.
Wallsend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2013

All of the usual Premier Inn features - clean and comfortable, and you know exactly what you will see when you open the door. Having been unpleasantly surprised on more than one occasion in some other hotels, I now almost always book only with Premier Inn. I particularly like this one because of its location right on the river, and the wonderful view. On top of this, very pleasant staff in hotel and restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Pauline N
BERNADETTE_D0CHERTY, Manager at Premier Inn Greenock Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Premier Inn is proud of its standards of cleanliness and comfort, and I am pleased that we came up to your expectations in that respect. Our riverside location does afford some wonderful views but with the majority of our rooms facing inland we cannot of course offer every guest a seaview.

Thank you for your review and your kind comments about the staff, and we hope to see you again if business brings you to this area.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend in July for family reunion in Port Glasgow - booked 4 rooms.
Excellent location and if you are lucky enough to be in an even numbered room you get the benefit of fantastic scenic views of the Clyde from your window.
Plenty of parking and brewers fayre right by the entrance - although we didn't eat here.
Extremely helpful and friendly staff and nice to find both the family rooms booked had been prepared correctly and not left to us to sort out - unlike some other chains :(
Highly recommend and would stay again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
BERNADETTE_D0CHERTY, Manager at Premier Inn Greenock Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you for your positive comments and I am glad that you not only enjoyed your stay but that we exceeded your expectations in terms of the preparation of the room - Premier Inn will always have the room fully prepared based on the occupants' details supplied by the guest when booking.

Your recommendation is appreciated and we hope to see you again.
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times & my most recent stay was yet again a lovely wee break. The staff are very friendly & the hotel room had everything I needed. The room was spotlessly clean & I had a good night's sleep

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your kind comments. We can to some extent gauge the success of our efforts by the number of guests who return, so I am pleased to see you become another regular visitor.
Highlands
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We booked this hotel to attend our best friends wedding and as a start to our summer holidays. Unfortunately we had to cancel due to work. I let everyone know in good time about the cancellation. But since then I have received several emails from premier regarding OUR STAY. Please stop sending them. They caused my family more upset than needed. The final straw today was a survey about OUR STAY. Please stop. We're upset enough without being reminded that I spent £120 for a break that we didnt get but more importantly missed our best friends wedding.

• Stayed June 2013
BERNADETTE_D0CHERTY, Manager at Premier Inn Greenock Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
I do recall your timely notification that you would be unable to make your stay, which was greatly appreciated.

On becoming aware of this review I immediately looked into the matter and must regretfully advise that a breakdown of communication at this end resulted in our failure to take the necessary action to cancel the survey.

I offer my sincere apologies for the upset this oversight has caused you and your family, and hope that this will not deter you from any future stay with Premier Inns.
Forest of Dean, UK
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Conveniently located for the cruise terminal / port area, the hotel is up to the usual high standard I've come to expect.

10 paces from the hotel entrance is a Brewer's Fayre, which taking orders until 10pm provides plenty of variety and convenience.

Staff at both were extremely pleasant and helpful. The only disappointment was a lack of Real Ale at the BF.....

Room Tip: There are rooms with views of the Clyde estuary, which are probably quieter, but the passing road do...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
BERNADETTE_D0CHERTY, Manager at Premier Inn Greenock Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
It’s always good to hear from another happy customer – I’m pleased both the hotel and restaurant came up to your expectations and that you found the staff friendly – this is what we aim for.

Many thanks for your review…..(Sorry about the Real Ale though !)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenock
Holiday Inn Express Greenock
#2 of 5 in Greenock
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf
Knockderry House Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Greenock Hotel? Share your experiences!