“PI Greenock”

Premier Inn Greenock Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Greenock
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Every time I have stayed at Greenock the staff have been friendly and helpful. Rooms are a delight. I stay at this hotel regularly and never have cause for complaint. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in the Greenock area

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
BERNADETTE_D0CHERTY, Manager at Premier Inn Greenock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

It’s always rewarding to receive such a recommendation from a regular guest who can vouch for our consistency - Many Thanks.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business last year and will definitely be using it again. I wondered if perhaps writing a review for a Premier Inn was pointless as they are usually very similar, if you've stayed in one you've stayed in them all but I decided that it would be doing an injustice to the lovely people who work there if I didnt thank them!
As with all Premier Inns (in my experience), the room was spacious, clean and the bed was comfortable.
The lady on reception was very welcoming and it was lovely to meet someone so friendly on my first visit to Scotland! The attached restaurant was great, I had a pasta dish for dinner and it was nice - Breakfast the next day was also more than edible and the staff again were very friendly and had a couldnt do enough for you attitude.
The view from the room was fantastic, it really is a very beautiful place (only thing I would say...you might be looking out over a dark expanse of water at night but dont forget to close your curtains...whilst getting changed I was shocked when a huge ship went past the window!)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your positive review. It’s nice to think that our Receptionist gave you not only a positive first impression of the hotel but also of Scotland !

Our staff do work hard to make Greenock more than just another Premier Inn, and of course our location by the river Clyde helps a lot in that respect – though I agree that when ships occasionally leave the river to berth in the nearby dock their proximity can take you by surprise !

The staff will certainly be pleased to read your kind comments, and we look forward to seeing you when you next stay.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great room,spacious and clean.staff were polite friendly and very helpful.breakfast was good and you wont go hungry with lots of choice.location is good for public transport links and view from dining room is amazing!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

I’m so glad our location and the efforts of the staff combined to give you an enjoyable stay with us.

Many thanks for your review.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Fantastic hotel with beautifully refurbished, spotless and good sized rooms. Great TV. Staff could not have been more helpful - always willing to go that extra mile. Would definitely recommend for all sorts of trips. River view was great. Restaurant next door lovely for breakfast. Only down side was that we stayed for New Year and the Hogmanay dinner was too expensive for our large group and would have cost £10 per adult for the after dinner party - even at 11.45pm!

Room Tip: River view lovely
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

I have discussed this with our Restaurant Manager, and whilst we felt our New Year Prices were competitively set after comparison with similar establishments in the area, we take on board your comments as a guest. I hope this did not detract too much from what appears to have been an otherwise positive experience of the restaurant and hotel, and that perhaps we will see you again if you are in the area. Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The Premier Inn at Greenock is well located and equipped with all that you would expect from a 'budget' chain hotel. Clean, tidy and easy access to a pub/bar food across the path.
Don't pay for the breakfast if you only want porage/continental as it's cheaper to pay in the restaurant in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
BERNADETTE_D0CHERTY, Manager at Premier Inn Greenock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

I am pleased you found Greenock Premier Inn and our Point Restaurant satisfactory. I am concerned however that you appear to have been misled regarding our breakfast prices. We offer a Continental Selection (which includes porage) at £5.25 per person, and our Premier Breakfast at £8.25 per person includes all the elements of the Continental plus a cooked English Breakfast - these prices apply whether breakfast is prepaid in the hotel or paid in the restaurant in the morning.

I offer this clarification should you choose to stay at another Premier Inn in the future. Meantime thank you for your review.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

i stayed here for many weeks whilst i worked at the local hospital.
everything and everyone was as i would expect from this group, professional and friendly.
these comments go for both the hotel and the pub next door.
i do stay and would stay again if the need arose.

Room Tip: most people opt for the river view, there are only so many rooms available, so if they are not avail...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
BERNADETTE_D0CHERTY, Manager at Premier Inn Greenock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

The fact that you took the time to write this review some months after you last stayed with us makes it all the more valued. We do try to cater for the needs of those having to stay away from home for work reasons, which may of course differ to some extent from those of our leisure guests.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again whether work or leisure brings you to these parts.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Once again on my annual visit to family, I stayed at this Premier Inn. Despite an extension being added there was no inconvenience. My room was refurbished and was superb, with the best view ever. Once again the staff were amazing - their customer service skills are second to none, always friendly, polite and cannot do enough to help. The staff in the adjoining restaurant (The Point) are just as good, especially the lovely lady called Jade - they all deserve recognition for making you feel so welcome. I really can't praise this place enough.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back for the amazing views
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
BERNADETTE_D0CHERTY, Manager at Premier Inn Greenock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

With the co-operation of our builders we are managing to keep any inconvenience to guests to a minimum during our extension work, and I am pleased to note this was the case for you.

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the staff – feedback of this sort makes our efforts all worthwhile so I will ensure everyone here (especially Jade) sees a copy of your review. Till next year….

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenock
Holiday Inn Express Greenock
Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel
The Spinnaker Hotel
The Spinnaker Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gourock

Been to Premier Inn Greenock Hotel? Share your experiences!