“Very good”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Greenock
Derby, United Kingdom
“Very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

No problems at all. I called to let them know I would be checking in very late but the hotel said this was not a problem. Showed up after midnight and was in the room within 5 minutes. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Adam H
BERNADETTE_D0CHERTY, Manager at Premier Inn Greenock Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Premier Inn Receptions are generally manned 24 hours, so late check-ins are not a problem.
In response to Guest Feedback we have of late been streamlining our check-in process, and we are currently trialling an online check-in process whereby, in most circumstances, guests can check in online a day or so before arrival. This means essentially that on arrival you need only provide a signature and pick up your room key.

I’m glad you found our current process efficient and hassle-free, and hope to see you again. Thank you for your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Port Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My house wAs just destroyed with fire and myself and partner we in hospital all day suffering smoke inhalation got a quick change of clothes and went to the hotel and had. Shower and changed left in morning to go and see the damage to house and get some clothes and on returning to the hotel receptionist quizzed me about smoking in room and wAs quite arrogant when I tried to explain. So we left and went to holiday express were staff were more than helpfully. I would rather stay in a tent than go back to premier inn greenock again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Joseph D
BERNADETTE_D0CHERTY, Manager at Premier Inn Greenock Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Premier Inn is committed to providing a smoke-free environment for the well-being of our guests and team.

I am sorry if you felt our Receptionist was arrogant when the matter was discussed with you, but we will only raise the issue of smoking within the room where we suspect this may to be happening.

We are of course sorry to lose your custom.

Thank you for your feedback.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed here with a friend as we we were attending a wedding nearby. Everything was ok until we arrived back at our hotel to be greeted by 'David' at reception. I found david to be unhelpful and extremely rude. He did not allow 2 family guests to wait in out room for a taxi stating that guest were at 'his discretion'. Upon enquiring as to his reason he did not elaborate. Returning to our room he obstructed the doorway stating "are you going to shut up"( we were conversing at a normal tone) His manner was appalling and he made us feel uncomfortable. We will not be back!!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Claire H
BERNADETTE_D0CHERTY, Manager at Premier Inn Greenock Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I am sorry that Premier Inn did not meet your expectations of a hotel.

Our aim is to provide every guest with a Great Night's Sleep. Our Night Reception Team are empowered to take appropriate action to prevent guests being disturbed - this would include not allowing a guest to have potentially noisy non resident visitors to their room in the early hours of the morning. Whilst your visitors were not allowed to accompany you to your room, they were permitted to wait in Reception until their business with you was concluded.

Our Team are also empowered to ask guests making excessive noise in their room, and in the corridors at 02.45, to refrain from doing so. However, asking a guest to "shut up" is not acceptable, regardless of the circumstances, and for this we offer our apologies.

Thank you for your review.
Rothesay, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the second night of a two night trip away. What can I say really apart from the hotel was immaculate, the bedrooms excellent, the staff were superb and the price was fantastic it is now going to be the go to place for me and my husband. The little finishing touches were really thought out, the size of the room was brilliant, the T.V. was nice and big, the mood lighting above the bed headboard was a great surprise. Had a meal at the brewers Faye next door, the burger had not one bit of grease and chips were crunchy on the outside and fluffy in the middle and cake was amazingly moist. You will not regret staying here and if all the other premiere inn's are like this, which I believe they are...they have just gained two lifelong customers.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RobinC183
All of our original 40 rooms have been recently refurbished and our new wing has provided a further 22 rooms, all to the standard you enjoyed, so we are in a good position in that respect. Nonetheless all Premier Inns aim to provide the same standard of comfort, good food and welcome to our guests so I’m sure you will not be disappointed when you stay in any of them (now in excess of 650 throughout the UK).

I’m glad Greenock not only helped you enjoy your short trip away, but also introduced you to Premier Inn as a place to stay wherever you go. Many thanks for your review and we look forward to seeing you again sometime.
Leyland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had an amazing time at the premier inn greenock while staying there., the staff were all chatty warm and lovely and they had no problems helping us if needed.. The room big and cleaned to perfection..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Leane M
Thank you so much for your review – this is the sort of feedback we work hard to achieve.

I’m glad we were able to help you enjoy your stay and perhaps we’ll see you again sometime.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent one night in Greenock and were fortunate to get a room with a view. The weather was partly cloudy but the view was very nice. There was a walking path along the harbor right behind the property and we could walk into town from there. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only downside is the internet service. 1/2 hr is free and that is not much time. It was 3 pound for another day, about $5 US and I guess we are spoiled as we do not have to pay for internet usage in US hotels. I was on the internet the night we arrived for about 15 minutes and decided to use the other few minutes the next morning. When we arrived at the Premier Inn, Glasgow airport that night I could not get my free 1/2 hr because they said I had been on the internet already that day????

Room Tip: ask for a view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
I’m glad you enjoyed your short stay with us – we do have a great location by the riverside, and our staff always try to make our guests feel welcome. Unfortunately free Internet Access is not universal in hotels in the UK and whilst Premier Inn is one of those who do make a charge, we remain competitive in our rates.

Regarding the free 1/2 hr of Internet Access – you were correctly informed at Glasgow Airport. When you use it you have in effect entered into a contract between you and the Premier Inn Wi-Fi supplier – it is not specific to a particular hotel. So having used up your free 30 minutes in Greenock that morning, you would then have to wait a day to again qualify for a free 30 minutes, even though you had moved to another Premier Inn. Whilst this may seem unfair, consider the situation where you have actually purchased Internet Access – if for example you had purchased a 24 hour access voucher in Glasgow Airport, and then moved to another Premier Inn next day, your Internet Access voucher would remain valid, as it is for access over 24 hours in any Premier Inn, not specifically Glasgow Airport. I hope that clarifies the situation for you.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review.
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Me and Lorna booked this Premier Inn so our Bank Holiday weekend was not wasted in pubs. We live in Glasgow, and work quite hard.The staff were so friendly and helpful. The rooms were brilliant, the décor was the best we have seen in a Premier Inn. Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
BERNADETTE_D0CHERTY, Manager at Premier Inn Greenock Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
The hotel is of course in tip-top condition after our recent refurbishment and the addition of 22 new rooms, and the challenge now is to keep this “fresh” look. I'm so glad we helped you both enjoy a well-earned break, and I’ll pass on your thanks to the staff. Thanks for taking the time to give us this great review
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenock
Holiday Inn Express Greenock
The Spinnaker Hotel
#1 of 2 in Gourock
Knockderry House Hotel
Cameron House on Loch Lomond

Been to Premier Inn Greenock Hotel? Share your experiences!