Well, this was a lovely surprise. We needed, for family reasons to go to Glasgow on a particular weekend, and of course, unknown to us it was the weekend of the Scottish Open, and all central hotels and around Loch Lomond were booked up! So, I looked down the coast the other way, and found this on the Premier Travel Inn website. I was glad I did.
The staff are very friendly and helpful, both here and at the pub next door. The rooms are standard for the chain, that is everything you might need. The pub does breakfast etc, and the views are lovely from there, and there is a pool table for your teenagers. You can buy food there, or breakfast at Macdonalds opposite, depending on your fancy, or calorie count!!
The thing that makes it is where it is on the old dock. Many of the rooms have great views, and you can see how they are developing the docks too. We watched the Waverley go by,which was lovely.
Of course it helped that the weather was wonderful, and we took the ferry across the Clyde from Greenock across to Dunoon, bought ice creams, and then went on spec, and booked a trip on
[--], which was amazing. John told us all sorts about the Clyde and wildlife and we had two hours on a still river up the Kyles of Bute, and saw seals. We would recommend heartily.
So if you need to stay this side of Glasgow, and don't want to break the bank, I would go for this option,.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy views across the Firth of Clyde from this dockside spot, five minutes from Greenock Central ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Premier Inn and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Greenock Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Greenock Hotel Greenock
- Greenock Premier Inn
- Premier Inn Greenock Hotel Scotland