“shabby and dark”

Add it.
Thunderton House
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Went here to have our lunch because we been here many times as we live in the area. Favourite thing was always the steak pie. UNFORTUNATELY this time things were horrible. The service was dreadfully slow and we were the only table in the place at the time. The waiter was okay but the food took ages to come and was dreadful. I had a baked potato with butter and I could tell that it had been heated through the microwave. There was obviously the usual salad garnish to fill the plate OMG all it consisted of was a tablespoon of the most disgusting coleslaw that I have ever tasted and 1/4 of a tomato cut into 3 and salad leaves flung on the plate. My son and husband had the steak pie as that was their favourite and all there was a little piece of pastry on the side of a large pool of gravy with hardly any meat or carrots. YUK! YUK! YUK! used to really like this place but gone downhill a lot AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!