“Feel like Mike's guest in the Moray region”

Moray Prestige Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Moray Prestige provides bespoke tours and chauffeur trips throughout Scotland. Being based in the Speyside whiskey region, we specialise in Speyside Whisky Tours, Speyside Distillery Tours, and Moray Firth Coastal Tours. With my help, you can build your own personal Malt Whisky Trail! Inverness, Loch Ness, and the Cairngorm Mountains are only a short drive from the central Speyside region of Moray.As Tour Director, I weave my family history into all of my tours, making them unique. My ancestors farmed the land around Dufftown and Aberlour, worked in Craigellachie, The Macallan, Glen Grant, Speyburn and Glen Moray distilleries, and were master-coppersmiths at Forsyths of Rothes. My grandmother still stays in a Glen Moray Distillery House to this day!Let my family history and heritage enrich your visit to Speyside. Mike Duncan, Tour Director, Moray Prestige Tours.
Kasterlee, Belgium
“Feel like Mike's guest in the Moray region”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

From collection until drop off at the airport, even the smallest details - not to mention: the bottled water and Walkers shortbread - of our trip were perfectly orchestrated by Mike! He is so familiar with the region where he grew up that everything comes spontaneously!
Besides a driver during our complete stay, Mike arranged all following activities for us: Speyside Way Walk, Bike hiring and bike tour along the Moray coastal trail, Distillery visits and lunches.

Visited May 2014
Mike-MorayPrestige, Owner at Moray Prestige Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hi Gerd. Thank you so much for your kind comments. Your tour was one of the first times I've organised a larger coach (with driver) for a group, and it was also one of the first times I haven't spent every day of the tour with my tour group. It was driving me crazy not being in complete control and not being there to make decisions, but I am delighted that your coach driver, Steve, was so helpful and professional. My prayers were answered when I looked out the window in the morning and the sun was shining - I could relax knowing that your Moray Firth coastal cycle was going to be fantastic. You will all be very welcome guests if you return to Moray-Speyside in the future. Mike

Aldie
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Guys Trip to Scotland”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Our family trip to Scotland was made even more memorable as a result of Mike Duncan. You could not have asked for a better person to haul 5 guys around the Scottish countryside touring distilleries. Mike coordinated an amazing adventure for us that included great food, enjoyable conversation, and of course amazing Scotch. Mike is perfect for this job because his attention to detail is fantastic. Mike is simply a great person and wants you to have the best time you possibly can. Make sure you have him give you the "Address to a Haggis" as well! Best of luck to you Mike. Your business, Moray Prestige Tours, will most definitely be a huge success. Thanks from the guys from DC, New York, and England.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank QGW
Mike-MorayPrestige, Owner at Moray Prestige Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Wow! Thank you so much for your comments. I can't believe my “Address to the Haggis” - while driving south on the A9 - is one of the memorable moments from your trip! I'm so glad that I could be part of your vacation and contribute so positively to your time in Scotland. Tom can take some of the credit, too. We emailed back and forth over a couple of months, working on your itinerary until it was exactly what you guys were looking for. Remember, I'm coming to Virginia to taste your first batch of distilled spirit!
Amarillo, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Six guns from Amarillo”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

JUST STOPPING IN TO SAY HELLO, MIKE! WE'RE SITTING around the table drinking Scotch and reminiscing about our remarkable trip and the ways you had - completely MAKING our trip!! Our two days with you were the pinnacle of our wonderful week in your beautiful country!! We were lucky to have been introduced to you by Madeline and David of The Lodge at Elgin. Thank you!! You're the best host and guide.
Turner's, Caldwell's & Bliss' - Amarillo TX

Visited November 2013
Hey guys. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on here. I really appreciate it, as do my future customers! I'm so happy that, weeks and months after your visit to Speyside, you're still talking about it and thinking back to the great times you had. For me to have "completely made your trip" is outstanding. Reading this proves to me that everything I do to promote this area is worthwhile. Thanks again. Mike.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“You made our trip worthwhile”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We had the pleasure to spend 2 full days through 8 distilleries . Mike was very helpful and informative and took us to the right places and had the connections to take us to the best in town.
If you are looking for a personalized and luxurious experience he is definitely the man. On a personal level, we loved chatting with him on the history of the region;and he is a very pleasant guy to hang around with . Due to him, we are surely visiting again next year.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Hala J
Hi Hala. I really do hope you both find the time to visit again in 2014. There must be another birthday or anniversary that you can use as an excuse, if you need one :) I put a lot of my personality into my tours, and I'm glad that we got along so well and you appreciated that personal touch. Thank you so much for posting your review here on Trip Advisor. See you both again soon... Mike
Santa Barbara, California
“Whiskey Tour in Speyside”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Three friends and I decided to make a tour of Speyside in Scotland as part of our annual reunion, we were fortunate that we had fine weather but what made the trip most enjoyable and easy was using the services of Mike Duncan of Moray Prestige Tours, from the moment he picked us up in Inverness and drove us over to Elgin he had a flexible itinerary planned and, for the two days we spent with him he was most obliging, very informed about that part of the country and Scottish history in general. Mike handled the bookings for all the distillery visits which included Macallan, Glenfiddich, Cardhu and a few others. It was wonderful to be chauffuered everywhere for the two day and we would enthusiatically recommend Mikes services to anybody visiting the area.

Visited September 2013
Mike-MorayPrestige, Owner at Moray Prestige Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Hi Indras. Thank you for your fantastic comments and your recommendation. I had a great time as chauffeur and guide to your group.

I admire the fact that no matter where you guys are in the world, you make the effort to meet up and explore new places together. I know you all can’t do this often, but I'm very happy to have played such a positive part in your most recent get-together in Scotland.

I wish you good health and all the best for the future – Sainte!