“SUPEEEERRRRBBBB Experience”

Moray Prestige Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Moray Prestige provides bespoke tours and chauffeur trips throughout Scotland. Being based in the Speyside whiskey region, we specialise in Speyside Whisky Tours, Speyside Distillery Tours, and Moray Firth Coastal Tours. With my help, you can build your own personal Malt Whisky Trail! Inverness, Loch Ness, and the Cairngorm Mountains are only a short drive from the central Speyside region of Moray.As Tour Director, I weave my family history into all of my tours, making them unique. My ancestors farmed the land around Dufftown and Aberlour, worked in Craigellachie, The Macallan, Glen Grant, Speyburn and Glen Moray distilleries, and were master-coppersmiths at Forsyths of Rothes. My grandmother still stays in a Glen Moray Distillery House to this day!Let my family history and heritage enrich your visit to Speyside. Mike Duncan, Tour Director, Moray Prestige Tours.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“SUPEEEERRRRBBBB Experience”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

4 of us (all native Scots) from Aberdeen and Fife) had a superb day tour with Mike from Aberdeen to the distilleries of Speyside - EVERYTHING (apart from weather!) was simply superb - driver/guide (same person!) as well as the vehicle as well as the distilleries Mike recommended as well as eating arrangements as well as photo stops and so on.....Mike could not be faulted - his extensive knowledge of the whisky industry was so helpful but he knew how to strike the balance between passing on relevant information but not going "over the top". The four of us cannot recommend Mike highly enough to anyone who wants to enjoy both a knowledgeable but also enjoyable and light hearted trip around the distilleries. (And, to be honest, the weather does not really matter!)

1 Thank Ian J

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More than one day !”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Professional, courteous, knowledgeable, obliging, excellent driver, intelligent, and most importantly willing to explore "other than the main road". What more can I say ? Would recommend Mike to everyone wanting a comprehensive tour of Scotland. The Leopard loved it.

1 Thank Glenda C
Mike-MorayPrestige, Owner at Moray Prestige Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hey Glenda! Well, with those comments you've confirmed that you are crazy after all. Ha ha :) Thank you so much. It was great to spend four days with you exploring Scotland. Going beyond those "No Entry" and "Private Access Only" signs led to some of your most memorable adventures, and it was a pleasure to help you see all that you could. I hope you enjoy all of your future travels and have many more stories to tell - good and bad :) Mike.
Farnham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A luxury well worthwhile”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

There's really only one way to enjoy the splendours of Speyside and that is a day, or more, with Mike Duncan the proprietor of Moray Prestige Tours. We were up for the whisky festival and he delivered that added value to an already good trip. His local knowledge is excellent and his ability to fit in those little extras to an already programmed day was remarkable. To drive yourself is a pale imitation to what can be achieved by using his services and knowledge. We will be visiting that part of the world again and Moray Tours will be one of the first things we book. Well done Mike.

Visited May 2014
Hi Geoff. Thank you very much for your comments and review. To know that my contribution to your trip was really valued is very important to me. The Whisky Festival is a great time to visit - it's not every time of the year that your tour guide displays his Scottish Ceilidh Dancing prowess. Ha! I hope I do get to see you all again on your next visit to Speyside. Mike
Brit, Southern England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“6 out of 5”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I can't sing highly enough my praise for Mike and the day we spent with him. It was truly fabulous - comfortable in his stretched car for the six of us, Mike combined things we had booked with other visits he recommended and was a fantastic guide. It was simply a delight to meet and spend the day with Mike - we will definitely be back. Thanks.

Visited May 2014
Mike-MorayPrestige, Owner at Moray Prestige Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
To all six of you - I must first apologise for my Scottish Ceilidh Dancing. As designated driver (of course), I didn't even have the excuse of having consumed too much 'Amber Nectar'. The dancing was all my wife's idea :) Thank you very much for your comments. I try to do as much as I can to make my visitors comfortable, and I'm constantly aware of taking the corners a bit more carefully when my two back seats are occupied. I really enjoyed my day (and night) with you all, and please allow me to put together a tour for you all when you return. All the best for your fantastic charity work in the future. Mike
Kasterlee, Belgium
“Feel like Mike's guest in the Moray region”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

From collection until drop off at the airport, even the smallest details - not to mention: the bottled water and Walkers shortbread - of our trip were perfectly orchestrated by Mike! He is so familiar with the region where he grew up that everything comes spontaneously!
Besides a driver during our complete stay, Mike arranged all following activities for us: Speyside Way Walk, Bike hiring and bike tour along the Moray coastal trail, Distillery visits and lunches.

Visited May 2014
Hi Gerd. Thank you so much for your kind comments. Your tour was one of the first times I've organised a larger coach (with driver) for a group, and it was also one of the first times I haven't spent every day of the tour with my tour group. It was driving me crazy not being in complete control and not being there to make decisions, but I am delighted that your coach driver, Steve, was so helpful and professional. My prayers were answered when I looked out the window in the morning and the sun was shining - I could relax knowing that your Moray Firth coastal cycle was going to be fantastic. You will all be very welcome guests if you return to Moray-Speyside in the future. Mike