“Delicious cakes - gem of a find”
Review of Weavers Restaurant

Weavers Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 85 Restaurants in Elgin
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our Five Star VisitScotland restaurant is nestled inside one of Johnstons of Elgin’s oldest buildings. The comfortable 104-seater eatery regularly welcomes guests from all over the globe, offering premium Scottish food and drinks and exceptional standards of service. The combination of our unique Scottish heritage and exceptional, locally sourced food and drink makes our Weavers Restaurant experience one you will be sure to remember.
Reviewed 27 July 2021 via mobile

We stumbled across this little gem after a visit to Elgin Cathedral. The cakes and fine pieces on offer were amazing and served on beautiful highland stoneware plates. Huge selection to choose from and a pot of tea for 1 that seemed to go on and on. Great service and very reasonably priced as well.. will definitely be visiting again when we are in the area.

Date of visit: July 2021

Reviewed 20 July 2021

I visited Weavers restaurant with my family for lunch and had a really lovely time. We sat outside in the beautiful courtyard and were allowed to bring our dog in with us. The menu is great with some really different/ exciting options and food was delicious. Huge portions and such value for money. Everything’s served on beautiful highland stoneware and the staff were lovely - can’t wait to visit again soon!

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 19 June 2021 via mobile

Great to go back with my family. Had the seafood linguine v tasty. Always met with a smile and good chat here!

Real credit to Johnstone’s, best place to go in Elgin

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 24 May 2021

I met my friend for coffee and cake.. my first time back since first lockdown. Wow what a massive improvement. Greeted by Lewis who is an absolute delight to deal with and very attentive. Met my husband later on and we ended up coming to weavers for lunch. What a superb menu. I had the Cullen skink which was so tasty big pieces of smoked fish and it’s the best soup I have tasted in ages. My husband had the seafood liquid is and he was so Impressed with the freshness, the taste, the quality and quantity.. he said he would be back again. He took pictures and sent to his friends to recommend a visit. The restaurant staff were very attentive, our compliments to the staff and the chef. Keep up the great standards.

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank 57Andrea1957
Reviewed 28 November 2020 via mobile

Having been closed for two weeks for refurbishment I arrived to find that there were no disabled parking spaces and had to drive to the far end of the carpark in order for me to find a space where no-one could hem me in. Lunch was pleasant although the wait was a little excessive. However the toilets were out of order----still being refurbished I understand and one had to go outside in pouring rain, walk across the courtyard and walk the length of that building to find a toilet. In an outlet which thinks it is a cut above everyone else with prices to match I think that is totally unacceptable.

Date of visit: November 2020
JohnstonsOfElgin, General Manager at Weavers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2020

Hello,

Thank you for your recent review of Weavers Restaurant. I was sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations. We are currently finishing a program of improvements including the refurbishment of our restaurant, customer restrooms and outside paving areas which has unfortunately led to some disruption as we complete these works.

We have tried to keep the inconvenience to our customers to a minimum however at times we have had to close or temporarily change access to some of our facilities.

I hope on your next visit you will be able to enjoy the improvements completed.