“Lovely food & venue ”
Review of Weavers Restaurant

Weavers Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 85 Restaurants in Elgin
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our Five Star VisitScotland restaurant is nestled inside one of Johnstons of Elgin’s oldest buildings. The comfortable 104-seater eatery regularly welcomes guests from all over the globe, offering premium Scottish food and drinks and exceptional standards of service. The combination of our unique Scottish heritage and exceptional, locally sourced food and drink makes our Weavers Restaurant experience one you will be sure to remember.
Reviewed 9 December 2023

Really enjoyed our meal of gammon and all the trimmings. We were £20 per person for meal, soft drink & a coffee . Coffees are lovely smooth tasting. The staff were attentive and friendly.
Our only negative point was really about the other rude entitled customers who queue jumped when we were waiting both to wait for a table and then again when we went to pay . The system was a bit awkward as the paying point and checking in pount are next to one another and caused confusion both times - can this point be merged into one queue?

Date of visit: December 2023

Reviewed 11 September 2023

Went for afternoon tea for a birthday. Laura and her team were brilliant and catered for all our needs and our dietary requirements!
We felt very welcome and the food was delicious 😋

Date of visit: September 2023
Reviewed 15 June 2023

Charming characterful Building centrally located in a picturesque part of Diss, Beautifully, prepared , cooked and presented food,
carefully sourced local food , full of flavour, skilfully cooked
And beautifully presented and served , by very welcoming professional
Staff, A relaxed and comfortable restaurant
Serving a varied and seasonal menu.
Highly recommended

Date of visit: June 2023
Reviewed 10 March 2023 via mobile

We dine in Weavers several times a week and have never been disappointed. Some of the reviews have been quite brutal and need addressing. Over the last few months the restaurant has been through some turmoil, staffing levels front and back of house in line with the rest of the UK hotel and catering industry. There is a new menu coming in the next couple of weeks. Our food and level of service has always been first class. Tempura Prawns are superb as is the soap and a sandwich combination. All the soaps are homemade and lovely and thick not like some who serve watered down versions. The world seems to be full of complainers, reviews stating that the staff were run off their feet and wait times for meals. All the sympathy then followed by a slating review. I know the plenty customers where given massive discounts or free meals to compensate for the situation at the time.
All the staff front and back of house are superb but every so often they are caught out by a massive influx of customers. Having to wait for freshly cooked meals is a good thing over the ding ding microwaved meals served elsewhere.
Give it a try you won’t be disappointed.

Date of visit: March 2023
1  Thank RichieFochabers
Reviewed 4 March 2023 via mobile

The food was lovely, I had a prawn sandwich. However the service wasn’t good. I had to wait ages for my drink, which was just a tea. My food came out first and I was left waiting for another 15 mins for my drink, which only then came because I told 2 members of staff that I was still waiting.
No one came to ask me if my food was ok. And no one came to clear my plate after I had finished. I sat there for half an hour after I had finished and no one came.
Lots of dirty tables left around me as well which isn’t nice.
They could be short staffed, so it’s not the waitress’ fault, but if that’s the case then the company needs to look at getting more staff.

Date of visit: March 2023